PDA

View Full Version : Access and PS disconnection Problems in UMTS

kadir
2009-11-11, 04:56 PM
Hi All;

I have customer complaint about PS access and connection. He connects the internet after several time and after the connection, he can not use for a long time, after 10 or 15 minutes he had been suddenly disconnected. This happens after 5 pm usually. I think may be it is due to high cell load also maybe the problem is coming from tranmission ports etc. So, anybody has an idea and possible solution for it? I had done some action about it but it doesnt work, i mean the customer so close the nodeb, i increased the tilt.

cay any body help me about this topic.

BR.

sonar_bangla
2009-11-11, 06:13 PM
My friend
i think there is a problem with the customer data card which has poor performance for HS cell change, i have practical experiences also. some vendors data cards cannot send receive data after HS cell change or making drop (HS), also you can ask your customer for TCP windows configuration. in the attachment there is a soft to make it proper TCP configuration and in the word file there is an example. if it is not working then check your nodeB parameters like attenuation configuration, you can decrease a little bit for test purpose.

if there is good idea please share......

i am also suffered for this issue but solved by this way....

kadir
2009-11-11, 07:33 PM
My friend
i think there is a problem with the customer data card which has poor performance for HS cell change, i have practical experiences also. some vendors data cards cannot send receive data after HS cell change or making drop (HS), also you can ask your customer for TCP windows configuration. in the attachment there is a soft to make it proper TCP configuration and in the word file there is an example. if it is not working then check your nodeB parameters like attenuation configuration, you can decrease a little bit for test purpose.

if there is good idea please share......

i am also suffered for this issue but solved by this way....

thanks for your intrest my friend, i will try this. I hope it will be solved.

cimarron
2009-11-11, 08:14 PM
Hi All;

I have customer complaint about PS access and connection. He connects the internet after several time and after the connection, he can not use for a long time, after 10 or 15 minutes he had been suddenly disconnected. This happens after 5 pm usually. I think may be it is due to high cell load also maybe the problem is coming from tranmission ports etc. So, anybody has an idea and possible solution for it? I had done some action about it but it doesnt work, i mean the customer so close the nodeb, i increased the tilt.

cay any body help me about this topic.

BR.

Dear Kadir,
i had experienced exactly the same issue in the past, what i suggest you to do, is replicate the issue and capture a trace. then try to prove to core guys that the disconnection is coming from the Core. ( example if you see sudden unexpected ranap_release cmd from core to rnc).

rgrds,
cima

kadir
2009-11-11, 08:34 PM
Dear Kadir,
i had experienced exactly the same issue in the past, what i suggest you to do, is replicate the issue and capture a trace. then try to prove to core guys that the disconnection is coming from the Core. ( example if you see sudden unexpected ranap_release cmd from core to rnc).

rgrds,
cima

you said the problem is from core side according to your experience right?
i will take a trace and find that ranap release to prove it.

i understood since this point. the problem is not coming from the rf side or not due to power congestion or something else. am i right.?

thank you