PDA

View Full Version : Co site: Co/ Adj -channel

justdream
2009-11-10, 06:36 PM
Friends,

we have detected some sites in our network by chance having Co site 'Co./ Adj. channel' : the same site has the same channel or adjacent in the same cell or in two cells :(

so do you how to check all the network through Excel to be sure that we don't have it any more :hug:

electron
2009-11-10, 06:43 PM
Basically 2 neighbor cells should not have same BCCHs.It can be first step to detect

BR///Reza

justdream
2009-11-10, 06:54 PM
Basically 2 neighbor cells should not have same BCCHs.It can be first step to detect

BR///Reza
I don't speak about neighbours, I speaking about the same site between for example sector-0 and sector-2 :(

Inception
2009-11-10, 07:43 PM
HI
you can do it by excel but not abvious ,
its better to do it by mapinfo ,add all your site and frequencies on mapinfo then make setcors check one by one
best regards
lavin

Friends,

we have detected some sites in our network by chance having Co site 'Co./ Adj. channel' : the same site has the same channel or adjacent in the same cell or in two cells :(

so do you how to check all the network through Excel to be sure that we don't have it any more :hug:

electron
2009-11-10, 08:07 PM
As i know in some vendors BSC does not allow to operators assign Co-BCCH to Co-Site!!

BR//Reza

justdream
2009-11-10, 08:12 PM
no, it has been already happened in our network :(
I know that I can use MapInfo but it's too exhausted to go cell be cell if you have more than 3000 cells :cool:

justdream
2010-01-21, 03:41 AM
friends, please I need excel function or macro to check as I have found another case in my network :(
two sectors in one site have adjacent BCCH

Darko
2010-01-21, 08:33 AM
For co-sited BCCH... you don't need MCOM or Mapinfo at all... you can do it using Excel and it is very simple.

First create (or open your current site list with BCCH).The list needs to contain CELL, SITE and BCCH.

Then select cell A1 and press ctr-A, then sort by SITE and by BCCH.

Next step is to include FORMULA in additional column, and formula is (in my example) =C2=C3.

Where it is TRUE than you have identical BCCH for co-sited cells. :p

I have created example in excel workbook. Please check attachment.

If you have any questions just ask. :$

P.S. You should run consistency check for things like this.

justdream
2010-01-21, 09:09 AM
For co-sited BCCH... you don't need MCOM or Mapinfo at all... you can do it using Excel and it is very simple.

First create (or open your current site list with BCCH).The list needs to contain CELL, SITE and BCCH.

Next step is to include FORMULA in additional column, and formula is (in my example) =C2=C3.

thanks for giving me of your time and trying to help
but I don't agree with you as I have tested your idea in my network and I found a lot of cases that has co-BCCH between different Consecutive sites as shown in Example v2

Thanks anyway

Darko
2010-01-21, 06:17 PM
Yes you are right, I was doing this in rush. you need to add one more FORMULA. We also need to investigate sites. Add (in my example) "=B2=B3".

Where both are TRUE then you have cosited BCCH for same SITE.

Please check Example v3.xls !!!

I hope this will help you :)

visible
2010-08-15, 03:06 AM

pu on 4shared please,dont have enough prevlg to download

visible
2010-08-15, 03:09 AM
Friends,

Which vendor?eg ******** that neighbor can never be created...for nokia,u can run adjacency having same bcch,bsic report and change them

visible
2010-08-15, 03:10 AM
As i know in some vendors BSC does not allow to operators assign Co-BCCH to Co-Site!!

BR//Reza

exactly,especialy ********.

aprilian8
2011-01-05, 10:30 PM
can anyone please email this file to me at aprilian8@gmail.com, I am new and unable to download it

D33T0X
2011-01-05, 10:50 PM
Why Xcel, if you have the site database accurate and with coords it's better with Mapinfo so you actually see where these problems appear. My opinion, maybe I'm wrong...