PDA

View Full Version : SON (Self Organized Network)

punto
2009-10-26, 05:40 PM
Hi guys !
Have you learned of SON (Self Organized Network) and E/// LTE base stations will do lots of optimizing stuff itself automatically ... and as well having the, so called - self healing mechanism.
Do you know anything more about it ?
BR, P:)

desi_larka
2009-12-10, 01:49 AM
yes r8 defines it

Hi guys !
Have you learned of SON (Self Organized Network) and E/// LTE base stations will do lots of optimizing stuff itself automatically ... and as well having the, so called - self healing mechanism.
Do you know anything more about it ?
BR, P:)

seedtw
2010-09-21, 11:27 AM
Yes, I'm also looking for SON materials. Question is: we know this is good stuff and reduce lots of work for engineers. Problem is do operators trust the results of SON?

edinburgh
2010-09-22, 09:06 PM
not really, SON need Smart Enginner.....
:D

I have SON slide from one vendor...:rolleyes:

apollo13
2010-09-22, 09:43 PM
not really, SON need Smart Enginner.....
:D

I have SON slide from one vendor...:rolleyes:

Hi edinburgh,

I'm interested in this topic about Self Organized Network. Could you provide those slides about SON?

I really appreciate if you could share it with us.

Best regards,

apollo13
2010-09-22, 10:56 PM
This topic about SON is very interesting and it will impact on Optimization Market.
The 3GPP standards organization is standardizing self-optimizing and self-organizing capabilities for LTE. The SON features are divided in:

Self-optimisation, like Automatic Neighbor Relation (ANR) detection.
Self-configuration, like radio parameters or resource management algorithms.
Self-healing, like methods aim to resolve the loss of coverage/capacity induced by 'incidental events'.

As we can see in UMTS networks, many of those features that facilitates the Network Operation is based on License Management (Licenses must be bought to be used). The same thing will happen on LTE.

Self-organization/self-optimization is expected to be introduced gradually with the arrival of new 4G systems in radio access networks, and gradually increasing Operators confidence. The future radio access networks will require minimal human involvement in the network planning and optimisation tasks.

But as our friend Edinburgh said.. "SON need Smart Enginner.....". We will need to adapt ourselves to the new future that is coming. Maybe it will not be that somber.

Regards,