PDA

View Full Version : Reasons of Sudden Drop

sonerss
2009-10-05, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone

I want to know, what are the reasons of sudden drop? Can you explain?

Thanks

RF engineer
2009-10-05, 06:09 PM
Hello everyone

Thanks
What kind of drop
Call drop rate or SDCCH drop rate .
If you have sudden CDR check the history for the raise and what action done during that time if not it may com from Hardware problem.
and for SDCCH drop rate it is same other wise there may be high signaling .
BR
RF

taomomteling
2009-10-05, 06:40 PM
Hello everyone

Thanks
Hi,

It's can be due to many causes:
- Transmission Problem (call drop without any RLTO) at several levels (Abis, Ater or A interfaces)
- HW problem TRX or Terminating board at BSC level can cause also that issue
- Maybe it can be due some OMC-R Actions (during the call, some one made any action at OMC-R which need restart the BTS or the Cell)
- BTS can shut down due Power Supply problem and cause this problem

So you have to check all the historical alarms to findout what happened at this specific time, and also you have to you traces and check all the causes of call drops, if it's due to radio Link failure or System Problems, or something else,

Cheers,

sonerss
2009-10-05, 08:16 PM
Hi

Call drop rate. Im analyzing the cell tch drop reasons. Some of the cells sudden drop rate is high. Anyway thanks for answers..

What kind of drop
Call drop rate or SDCCH drop rate .
If you have sudden CDR check the history for the raise and what action done during that time if not it may com from Hardware problem.
and for SDCCH drop rate it is same other wise there may be high signaling .
BR
RF

eyaOpti_guy
2009-10-05, 08:53 PM
This is almost all the sudden loss reasons for E******* system.
E******* also provides the counters for dropped calls due to other reasons which have different explanations.
Other vendors don't provide that much of details I guess..

Hi,

It's can be due to many causes:
- Transmission Problem (call drop without any RLTO) at several levels (Abis, Ater or A interfaces)
- HW problem TRX or Terminating board at BSC level can cause also that issue
- Maybe it can be due some OMC-R Actions (during the call, some one made any action at OMC-R which need restart the BTS or the Cell)
- BTS can shut down due Power Supply problem and cause this problem

So you have to check all the historical alarms to findout what happened at this specific time, and also you have to you traces and check all the causes of call drops, if it's due to radio Link failure or System Problems, or something else,

Cheers,