PDA

View Full Version : Question for all Wimax RF Gurus.

chacho.morales
2009-09-30, 11:39 PM
Ok this is the Question, On link Budget i have 2 vendors, both vendors said the have in urban the said coverage, 750 Meters. in the same are we like to cover vendor 1 said a have to put 250 sites for indoor usb dongle. vendor 2 with the same dongle the have to put 155 sites.

in the same area, with the same coverage, 105 sites of difference, who s the lier.

faisalusuf
2009-10-01, 02:08 AM
Dear ask them thier antenna specs may be vendor 2 have high gain antennas u need to calculate your self after comparing both vendors equipment specification. May be both are not lieing rather Vendor 2 have smart equipment than vendor 1. judgment is up to your technical knowledge. simple

chacho.morales
2009-10-01, 07:39 AM
Dear ask them thier antenna specs may be vendor 2 have high gain antennas u need to calculate your self after comparing both vendors equipment specification. May be both are not lieing rather Vendor 2 have smart equipment than vendor 1. judgment is up to your technical knowledge. simple

IS true Vendor 2 has Smart antennas, but like i said they are consider on the link budget, and both link said 750 meter. on both link budget are considering the gains of the antennas, mimo and BF.

dsdd
2009-10-02, 10:58 AM
There is no huge difference between two vendors technology. More sites plan vendor is conservative. The other one just adjusts parameters like indoor penetration loss.......etc. to make all cost lower. Two results are just "prediction".

chacho.morales
2009-10-02, 01:09 PM
thanks dsdd, we put both network planning on atoll and we see the vendor 2 is more aggressive.

Cepillo
2009-10-03, 09:37 PM

... and it depends on the USB modem RF parameters

MINTO
2009-10-05, 01:29 AM
1 more suggestion...use usb with MIMO, like P-1 wiggy(check on http://www.p1.com.my) Total gain will be 3.5dbi, so ur no of sites will decrease, i have checked with many USB vendors, mostly are providing 0dbi, but can provide 3.5 dbi USB on demand,
its a batter way to reduce capex