PDA

View Full Version : TEMS 8.0.3 with T610

thuan
2009-08-19, 12:16 PM
Hi friends,

Pls help me how can I use sony erisson T610 for drive test on TEMS 8.0.3

I try connect T610 to TEMS 8.0.3 but alway got connect failed. Could some expert help me on that.

Thank you very much for your help.

redernesto
2009-08-20, 12:49 AM
Your license support that phone??? That Tems Version support that phone???

You can see that information in the help menu: Connectable Devices

thuan
2009-08-20, 01:19 AM
Your license support that phone??? That Tems Version support that phone???

You can see that information in the help menu: Connectable Devices

Hi redernesto,

Thank you very much for your reply.

TEMS 8.0.3 can support T610 phone. Base on help document, TEMS 8.0.3 can support the GSM phone below:

• Sony E******* S710a

• Sony E******* T610

• Sony E******* T616

• Sony E******* T618

• Sony E******* W600i (GSM only)

• Nokia 6230 EU

I did not have exprience with TEMS but I am thinking the problem can come from T610 cable. Do anyone tell me the T610 cable can use for drive test.

Thanks

zaebolll
2009-08-20, 02:11 AM
My opinion is that as you guessed there is cable driver requiring,
I think you need to instal rs232 driver,

Regards

zaebolll
2009-08-20, 02:27 AM
After switching cable to computer, also check\verify your cable's current port number from windows device manager. So when you are defining T610 on TEMS, you should select correct port number for MS.

parto_tegal
2009-08-20, 02:34 AM
Hi
First think to do is: check your TEMS Investigation Software License... it will only allow you to connect any connectable devices if you have a correct license. Do with HASP License Reader in Utilities tab to know this...
Further, make sure that you have TEMS Activated license on your T610i. Mobile Action MA-8910P cable will do perfectly to connect the T610i or T68i to your computer and do measurement using your software...
Have a good luck
Regards
parto_tegal

thuan
2009-08-20, 11:49 AM
Hi
First think to do is: check your TEMS Investigation Software License... it will only allow you to connect any connectable devices if you have a correct license. Do with HASP License Reader in Utilities tab to know this...
Further, make sure that you have TEMS Activated license on your T610i. Mobile Action MA-8910P cable will do perfectly to connect the T610i or T68i to your computer and do measurement using your software...
Have a good luck
Regards
parto_tegal

Hi Parto_tegal and zaebolll,

Thanks for your take time on my issue.

I have checked com port and assign correct com port to TEMS but it is till connect failed.

I also checked my data cable and it is not MA-9810P cable type that Parto recomment. I will try to get correct cable and testing again.

Thank you very much for all of you.

elche
2009-08-20, 06:58 PM
Is your cable a TEMS cable (or tested before with a working tems equiptment) or just a normal data cable? If it is a normal data cable it wont work , tems uses two Rx and Tx , one for voice data and the other one for packet data. you can modify a normal data cable to work with tems, but it will only work for voice calls testing. The T610 works perfectly with that version of data collection but pocket/tems license must be active in the phone or it will not connect.

thuan
2009-08-20, 08:09 PM
Is your cable a TEMS cable (or tested before with a working tems equiptment) or just a normal data cable? If it is a normal data cable it wont work , tems uses two Rx and Tx , one for voice data and the other one for packet data. you can modify a normal data cable to work with tems, but it will only work for voice calls testing. The T610 works perfectly with that version of data collection but pocket/tems license must be active in the phone or it will not connect.

Hi elche,

Thanks you very much for your recomment.

I am using normal data cable. I am trying to find correct cable as parto_tegal recomment but really hard to find it out.

Could you tell me step by step to modify a normal data cable to work with TEMS.

Thanks,

redernesto
2009-08-22, 05:43 AM
Hi Parto_tegal and zaebolll,

Thanks for your take time on my issue.

I have checked com port and assign correct com port to TEMS but it is till connect failed.

I also checked my data cable and it is not MA-9810P cable type that Parto recomment. I will try to get correct cable and testing again.

Thank you very much for all of you.

Did you check the Software license as Parto_Tegal said to you??? If your Hasp Key do not Support that phone maybe you have to try with another phone.

elche
2009-08-23, 02:54 AM
Here goes the TEMS cable recipe, fully tested , original post was in another forum. please add reputation if it helped:

There are 2 TX and 2 RX pins on the T610 phone.
The standard pins 4-5 (normal data cable) are used only for data transfer, the original tems cable has 2 RS232 connections to the computer.

you can modify drs-11, dcu-11, bluetech, and other cheap t68 compatible cables to make it work with tems:
Option 1: for call testing only ( I recommend to try this first)
1. open the cable housing.
2. move the cable from pin 4 to 6, and from pin 5 to 7.

Option 2: for call + data transfer testing
To get a dual port cable (for calls + data), get two cables and do the following:
1. remove the cable from pin 4 of cable#1 and solder it to pin 6 of cable#2
2. remove the cable from pin 5 of cable#1 and solder it to pin 7 of cable#2
3. remove the cable from pin 10 of cable#1 and solder it to pin 10 of cable#2
now you'll get a dual port cables (2 usb [or serial] pc connectors with 1 phone connector), cable#1 is for calls and cable#2 is for data.

pin 10-11 are the ones connected to your charger, so you'll know pin1-9.

connect phone to TEMS
Enjoy!

xueyiren80
2009-08-29, 01:49 AM
I think, you can change tems 7.1 to try.

gyb820703
2009-09-06, 11:02 AM
你用的什么测试线呀?好像得用哪种双com口的专用测试线吧?

chengmei
2009-09-06, 12:32 PM
the cable you use is not correct

elche
2009-09-06, 02:22 PM
indeed, just use the recipe to build TEMS cable from a normal data cable 100% tested