PDA

View Full Version : TEMS blue RxLev !!!!

justdream
2009-08-17, 10:15 PM
Experts,

I noticed something very strange ‘at least for me’....in a special area when I connected to one special site during my drive test I, TEMS show me blue signal strength, while my colour legend doesn’t has any blue
I receive this blue signal when I drive toward that site but I don’t see it when I drive out from this site ‘the opposite direction’

I know that this site has SWAP as shown but this blue issue can’t be due to SWAP
Do you have any previous experience with this issue?????

georgiadiy
2009-08-18, 06:09 AM
Sometims TEMS marks with blue points, when I'm using SE K800i for testing 2G network (I think, it's just a bug):D

georgiadiy
2009-08-18, 06:11 AM
Experts,

I noticed something very strange ‘at least for me’....in a special area when I connected to one special site during my drive test I, TEMS show me blue signal strength, while my colour legend doesn’t has any blue
I receive this blue signal when I drive toward that site but I don’t see it when I drive out from this site ‘the opposite direction’

I know that this site has SWAP as shown but this blue issue can’t be due to SWAP

For better exemination, please share us the logfile 'with blue';)

PaleNxtTel
2009-08-18, 08:37 AM
Experts,

It could be "NO Service Mode" as I can see its start after HO and stop after HO.or maybe its just Bug :D
share logfile & cellfile for more investigation ;)

justdream
2009-08-18, 06:43 PM
it's not a bug........it just happened in this area when I connected to this site 'I haven't seen it at any other area with any other sites'

justdream
2009-08-20, 08:54 PM
this phenomena appeared again yesterday, only in this area :confused:

eyaOpti_guy
2009-08-20, 08:56 PM
Please upload the log file and send me the link and I'll try to help...

this phenomena appeared again yesterday, only in this area :confused:

punto
2009-08-20, 09:18 PM
Eyas and friends,
pls. let us know the result of the troubleshooting logfile, as this is quite interesting to clearly know and differentiate all TEMS SW bugs from real network problems...
Thx a mill. ! P:)

justdream
2009-08-22, 12:45 AM
Thanks all people who trie dto help me.....finally I found something may made some sense

the Rxlev at this blue signal is beyond defualt TEMS Rxlev colour legend
'-10 to -120 dBm'.......as the Rxlev at blue is -125 dBm
while I don't know how come the mobile camp on channel with Rxlev equal to -125dBm
- but I was thinking that this level is not enough to carry any call also the Rxlev at GSM Parameters window is shown as -72dBm while at Neighbours window shown as -125dBm
as shown in the attached pic
also you can get the logfile from this link
http://www.4shared.com/file/126673612/673f3a28/Blue-Pheno.html

Thanks for all

eyaOpti_guy
2009-08-22, 02:30 AM
Ok, after checking the log file I can say "out of colour legend thing" is true, but still i could notice that you are not using DTX in your cell and you are showing Rxlev Sub on the map, so you should use Rxlev Full instead.. But still if you are not using DTX it shouldn't be that huge difference between the 2 sets and if you coukd notice TA changed directly from 1 to 3 ??????.. I have noticed such a case one time "on a SIEMENS cell" but the difference wasn't that huge and it was a matter of a faulty HW or BTS SW I don't remember exactly but you have to check but verify it first by using a different drive test tools...

Thanks all people who trie dto help me.....finally I found something may made some sense

the Rxlev at this blue signal is beyond defualt TEMS Rxlev colour legend
'-10 to -120 dBm'.......as the Rxlev at blue is -125 dBm
while I don't know how come the mobile camp on channel with Rxlev equal to -125dBm
- but I was thinking that this level is not enough to carry any call also the Rxlev at GSM Parameters window is shown as -72dBm while at Neighbours window shown as -125dBm
as shown in the attached pic
also you can get the logfile from this link
http://www.4shared.com/file/126673612/673f3a28/Blue-Pheno.html

Thanks for all

venom
2009-08-22, 05:09 AM
Experts,

Open it in Actix and see the table as well as plot in the mapArea. it will give u a better picture and answers ur question. That is why we use analyzer :)

tremalnike
2009-08-22, 05:25 AM
This case isn't related to DTX. Only RxLevFull is affected when DTX is used or not.
Try to change HSN to 1 (BB pseudo-random hopping) or something else different from 0, nevertheless that base band cyclic hopping is used in case of two TRX's and HSN must be zero.
I had similar problem in Alcatel - when BB hoping is used and HSN is zero in some cells with two TRX's RxLevelSub often blocks to -34dBm. When HSN is different from 0 everything is OK.

BR, Tremalnike