PDA

View Full Version : Advise on wireless oppurtunities.

ssur
2009-08-14, 09:59 PM
Hi,

I have 10 years experience in Telecom field out of which 3 years is in the wireless GSM field. The last 7 years experience is not in the wireless GSM. My telecom experience is in PBX, Traffic study/analysis, ACD, call control, fault management, VoIP etc.
On the wireless side - I was working in OMC-R and also in RF analysis in India and now I want to get back into the wireless field. I am ready for any entry level position. What are the options I have to grab these oppurtunities?
I am located in Toronto,Canada. Is there any training/courses that any of you can suggest?
Thanks in advance,
ssur

ghassen
2009-08-14, 10:20 PM
Hi,

I have 10 years experience in Telecom field out of which 3 years is in the wireless GSM field. The last 7 years experience is not in the wireless GSM. My telecom experience is in PBX, Traffic study/analysis, ACD, call control, fault management, VoIP etc.
On the wireless side - I was working in OMC-R and also in RF analysis in India and now I want to get back into the wireless field. I am ready for any entry level position. What are the options I have to grab these oppurtunities?
I am located in Toronto,Canada. Is there any training/courses that any of you can suggest?
Thanks in advance,
ssur

these are basic books that ill post if you are from canada i don't think that you ll experience any difficulty for reading

ghassen
2009-08-14, 11:03 PM
Ghassen, Thank you for your quick response. I have difficulty in clicking or downloading those attachments. Can you please resent those files again?
I have been trying to apply for the wireless jobs, but there is no proper reponse. May be because my past 7 years experince is not in that field.I want to know if there is any trainings/certifications or any courses so that I can get those oppurtunities?

in our forum you have to fullfill some rules before downloading please read download section

mirza
2009-08-16, 05:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
ssur

Hello SSUR

There are few websites like

www.3gwirelessjobs.com
www.indeed.com
www.telecommcarrers.com
www.simplyhired.com

Please vist them and look for all wireless jobs and now a days the focus is more on WCDMA side

Thanks

Mirza

ssur
2009-08-17, 08:55 PM
Thank you Mirza. I have been regularly checking these websites. Can you recommend any training that I can take, so that I can get into this field again?

Processor
2009-08-18, 03:18 AM
Sorry bro...In RF nothing works as much as a hands on the job training.

You gotta try get a JOB...maybe as a drive tester or surveyor...anything radio but get ur hands on

ghoulhades
2009-08-18, 04:32 AM
Hi,

With your experience I'm sure you'd be able to get a job better than entry level. However, assuming you are new in Toronto(excuse me if I'm wrong) entering the market is the ice-breaker. Drive testing would be a good consideration. 3gwirelessjobs.com has some being posted regularly. A DT job with some post-processing activity would be ideal. I'm sure there are a
lot of consultants in this field in Canada. You can start by applying an making calls. Hope that helps.

br

gh

mirza
2009-08-18, 08:11 PM
Thank you Mirza. I have been regularly checking these websites. Can you recommend any training that I can take, so that I can get into this field again?

Hello ssur

This days training costs alot

There is training given by awa..rd solutions on RF Optimization engineering

but nothing works in my view till you get the clear picture of what is it

but for training i recommend you to spend your money only after you understand the technology

some training institutes which i know are

check them at their websites
IN.ACON
AW.AR.D SOL.UTIONS
AIR...COMM
ER.CIS.SON

Thanks

Mirza

ssur
2009-08-18, 09:33 PM
Mirza,Ghoulhades,Processor,
Thank you for all your advice. I am finding it really diffucult to get into the wireles field itself. I have been trying- through consultants- but there is no proper response. Thats why I was looking into a training which can break the Ice and get me back into the wireless field.
Any one from Canada, please put your thoughts in. I appreciate all your advices.