PDA

View Full Version : paging sub channel

guess.who
2009-07-31, 03:52 PM
what is a paging subchannel...is it like one of the 4 Time slots of a CCCH block.....???

guess.who
2009-07-31, 04:19 PM
or to be precise , one of the 4 time slots of the paging blocks

gprastomo
2009-07-31, 04:23 PM
Hi,

in CCCH Group consist of 9 CCCH Timeslot, which is shared between AGCH and PCH, but usually AGCH could reserve on specific Timeslot and the rest is shared with PCH (but PCH is take first priority when there is paging in queue). For example AGCH block reserved 4 slot, so 5 slot are used for both AGCH and PCH.

Each timeslot (both AGCH or PCH) will consists of 4/5 subslot (CMIIW)

See attached

guess.who
2009-07-31, 04:39 PM
thank for the response friend....
but my query remains the same....I knew that there are 9 CCCH in Main BCCH Mutiframe combination.....out of these some are reserved for AGCH and rest for PCH..... Lets say in our case 5 PCH "BLOCKs" are there with each having 4 timeslots in it......my question is what are Paging Subchannels... Do we call these 4 time slots in each paging group as Paging Subchannels or are they something else???

gprastomo
2009-07-31, 04:57 PM
thank for the response friend....
but my query remains the same....I knew that there are 9 CCCH in Main BCCH Mutiframe combination.....out of these some are reserved for AGCH and rest for PCH..... Lets say in our case 5 PCH "BLOCKs" are there with each having 4 timeslots in it......my question is what are Paging Subchannels... Do we call these 4 time slots in each paging group as Paging Subchannels or are they something else???

Hi,

I think you should synchornize with the one you are talking about this, and draw it :)
For me CCCH conisist of 9 timeslot, it can be PCH Timeslot or AGCH timeslot. each Timeslot consists of PCH/AGCH Subslot.
But the concept should be the same, just problem on naming.