PDA

View Full Version : Regarding TEMS and Pathloss

commengr
2009-07-31, 01:04 PM
Hi, I downloaded TEMS 8 from this fantastic forum and now require some log files to start using it. I am a student and I don't have access to any log files yet.

May I also ask experts if I can use Pathloss to predict the link losses for a GSM radio link? The software (Pathloss) I downloaded from here seems to calculate the path losses for microwave link. Am I mistaken? If so which software can I use to predict the path losses for a GSM link. I can in theory use Hata-Okumura model but I know they are only theoretical and may not yield good results in practice.

Also, I was wondering if the log files of TEMS can be converted/open by Excel to look at the data. If not can they be opened using C or Matlab?

Thanks for reading this. Any comment from you would be a help for me & I shall appreciate it :)

commengr
2009-08-01, 12:49 AM
Hi, I downloaded TEMS 8 from this fantastic forum and now require some log files to start using it. I am a student and I don't have access to any log files yet.

May I also ask experts if I can use Pathloss to predict the link losses for a GSM radio link? The software (Pathloss) I downloaded from here seems to calculate the path losses for microwave link. Am I mistaken? If so which software can I use to predict the path losses for a GSM link. I can in theory use Hata-Okumura model but I know they are only theoretical and may not yield good results in practice.

Also, I was wondering if the log files of TEMS can be converted/open by Excel to look at the data. If not can they be opened using C or Matlab?

Thanks for reading this. Any comment from you would be a help for me & I shall appreciate it :)

What? no answer

justdream
2009-08-27, 09:02 PM
here's a small log file to play with:
http://www.4shared.com/file/126673612/673f3a28/Blue-Pheno.html

- Pathloss: for MW pathloss
- to predict GSM pathlosses you have to use planning tool

Good luck :hug: