PDA

View Full Version : Radio link time out

plannerguy
2009-07-06, 09:11 PM
Hi

Enginners/experts

I would like to change the Radio link time out of Both MS and BTS end,Is there any standard value to be kept ?
Also while changing this is there any other parameter to be changed?

for kind infmtn -i am working with seimens network.

Regards
Plannerguy

RF engineer
2009-07-06, 11:17 PM
inside city put low radio link timeout let say 15 sec and outside put 25 and also there is T3109 for inide put 18 and outside 26.
BR
RF

plannerguy
2009-07-07, 01:47 PM
thanks for reply , i have small doubt

I s there any seperate parameters for AMR ?

Regards
Plannerguy

electron
2009-07-07, 01:58 PM
inside city put low radio link timeout let say 15 sec and outside put 25 and also there is T3109 for inide put 18 and outside 26.
BR
RF

Dear,

It's depend to your LAPDm delay in layer 2 and core transmission but please pay attention if you configure it to less value you will earn more call drop rate in your network in my point of my idea for a network that is using all transmission interfaces(Radio,PCM,Optical fiber,...) it's much better assign 32.

BR
Reza

atese
2009-07-07, 02:08 PM

Regards
Plannerguy

Hi plannerguy.

if your net is NSN you also have radio link time out for AMR, it´s calles AMR-RLT you can find it in the NED.

I´m sure the most of the vendors have this parameters also

Regards

plannerguy
2009-07-07, 02:17 PM
hi atese

My network is siemens and i cant see any parameter as mentioned above.

I checked EDOC which is similar to that of NED in NOKIA .

Current setting in network is RLT MS -24 and RLT BS-28.

Reagrds
Plannerguy

RF engineer
2009-07-07, 05:14 PM

Regards
Plannerguy

Yes there is different if you use AMR it will be longer than non AMR
For FR AMR inside city mostly 25 and AMR HR will be 18.
BR
RF

justdream
2009-12-03, 08:43 PM
can you guys kindly give us short description about the benefits of changing Radio link time out

and what's the meaning of these vlaues 'inside city put low radio link timeout let say 15 sec and outside put 25 '?

RF engineer
2009-12-03, 10:14 PM
can you guys kindly give us short description about the benefits of changing Radio link time out

and what's the meaning of these vlaues 'inside city put low radio link timeout let say 15 sec and outside put 25 '?
Radio link timeout is the parameter which supervise the radio link condition on the basis of SACCH frame which this logical channel send to system and include ( RX level,Rx quality,TA ,,,,,,,) so when there are problem in the cell then the system can not read the MR so this indicate the connection is not good so in order not to directly after bad condition system release my channel it will try to keep monitoring until the connection come to be dropped there fore there will be no more any physical connection. and the seeting for this parameter is different for inside city and outside city because of the site density .
and for more check the link
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=4629&highlight=radio+link

ghostmixmax
2009-12-17, 04:27 AM
default value is 25

sonar_bangla
2010-03-18, 08:43 PM
could any one plz tell what is the equivalent parameter in WCDMA for Radio Link Time Out (RLT) that MS could resume connection with RNC after a period of max bad quality.

where could we check it in TEMS logs.

PLZ reply xif you have any idea!!!

rajmeena06
2010-12-09, 08:19 PM
Dear all,

In huawei (bs6000) is AMR-RLT Parameter is available if yes then by which NAME.
secondly in the same bsc through which parameter we can restict call(by TA),CAN you tell me the parametric name for the same.

RF engineer
2010-12-09, 10:21 PM
Dear all,

In huawei (bs6000) is AMR-RLT Parameter is available if yes then by which NAME.
secondly in the same bsc through which parameter we can restict call(by TA),CAN you tell me the parametric name for the same.

In BSC6000 call control window search for AFR radio linktimeout for AMR FR and AHR radio link timeout for AMR HR.
in order to limit call by you have ( MAX TA).
BR

sonerss
2010-12-10, 01:25 AM
What about E///? Is there any timer like RLT in WCDMA system in E*******

could any one plz tell what is the equivalent parameter in WCDMA for Radio Link Time Out (RLT) that MS could resume connection with RNC after a period of max bad quality.

where could we check it in TEMS logs.

PLZ reply xif you have any idea!!!