PDA

View Full Version : Huge number of intracell handover failure

justdream
2009-07-06, 06:24 PM
Experts,

I observed that I have a very large number of handover attempts to one cell (67603) with very large handover failure rate (80%)….the most important points:

1) This area is rural with low density…. I cannot believe that this site/ cell offered all this huge number of handover attempts per day
2) All this handovers are intracell handovers

Do you have explanations?????? And what I have to do?

rheyra
2009-07-06, 06:55 PM
Hi justdream,
I don't think your rural site has interference problem, so I assume that this is not frequency issue. I just assume that you activate AMR Half rate - Full Rate packing / unpacking feature, don't you? If yes, just de-activate this, and everything will be fine, hopefully.

BR//Rheyra

Experts,

I observed that I have a very large number of handover attempts to one cell (67603) with very large handover failure rate (80%)….the most important points:

1) This area is rural with low density…. I cannot believe that this site/ cell offered all this huge number of handover attempts per day
2) All this handovers are intracell handovers

Do you have explanations?????? And what I have to do?

hassen
2009-07-06, 07:45 PM
hi
i think cell (67603) is a dragon cell and configured as layer 1 i mean umbrella cell
check your configuration and also hardware.

br hassen

justdream
2009-07-06, 08:21 PM
sorry guys, 67603 is the number of handover attempts to this cell in one day

alibushehri
2009-07-06, 10:37 PM
Is the hardware OK? I mean are you sure that you don't have any Hw problem in your cell ?

80% of 67603 is huge , tell me how many drop call do you have on this cell?

RF engineer
2009-07-06, 11:14 PM
It seems that one of your TRX is not working so in this case if you want to know what is the TRX disable intracell and hopping then perform drive test you can see the bas TRX .
BR
RF

justdream
2009-07-07, 04:56 AM
Sorry guys, could this problem be due to partial swap 'croos connection'
as the numbe rof handover attempts and the failure rate is too too much

ghassen
2009-07-07, 08:33 AM

no never i dont think so check also HO margin maybe the value is too low :o i mean here for the quality

electron
2009-07-07, 12:58 PM

Dear Justdream,

Actually you are right about feeder cross connection and intra cell HO failure but pay attention that if you insted to antenna main lob you will see a lot of intracell HO failure.In point of my view still there is probability for Frequency planning problem.At first be sure about that(Co-BSIC,Co-BCCH).

Another possibility is kind of interference (Internal or External!).
Check your all TRXs performance one by one maybe one of them does not work properly!

Let me know which BSS features in activated in your network.

BR
Reza

gprastomo
2009-07-07, 08:25 PM
Hi,

check the INTRACELL ho threshold value for Quality UL/DL, may be you give the value which is too fast to trigger for intracell.
Intracell HO should be triggered if the RxLevel is on good coverage (eg 60 dBm) but the quality is bad. If you set the Ho intracell threshold quality to 1 or 0 or 2, so this is the problem.
Check the intracell HO threshold UL DL (rxlevel and qual)

maasricht
2009-07-07, 09:10 PM
Check TRX after check TRX allocations, Is there any alarm?

radio_network
2009-07-07, 10:21 PM
You can check the values of Hop count and hop count timer and change it accordingly to go for intercell handover.
Intracell handover is happening tdue to uplink interference. And for the uplink interference, check the values of N and P. (rolling average, P out of n values) by changing values of p and n u can control the intracell handover.