PDA

View Full Version : Help Request - Incorrect Superstream

cdmahn
2009-07-05, 05:25 AM
I tried to make superstream from some log-files, but the results should be incorrect. All the logs had their GPS info (long, lat), but the superstream didn't. I guess one of the reason is there are some place the GPS info is invalid (eg, the car was under the tree).

Please could someone help me to solve this problem?

TIA,

venom
2009-07-05, 05:30 AM
I tried to make superstream from some log-files, but the results should be incorrect. All the logs had their GPS info (long, lat), but the superstream didn't. I guess one of the reason is there are some place the GPS info is invalid (eg, the car was under the tree).

Please could someone help me to solve this problem?

TIA,

i dont understand the problem, did ur logfiles play individually? did ya try to export the logfile to Mapinfo using NEMO EXPORT WIZARD or TEMS Investigation ? what picture do u see in mapinfo ?? if there any points missing in it?

Let me know or if possible then share the logs, thanks !

torex
2009-07-05, 09:14 AM
from acti_x faq:

The TEMS 7 export gives only two options for exporting geo coordinates: as text and no specs i.e. the respective column name would be All-Latitude (Text).

This causes a problem as all templates created using TEMS 7 will produce fmt files appearing not to have geo coordinates after loading into Analyzer.

The reason for this is that Analyzer does not recognize the new column names assigned to geo coordinates as the GPS is a hard coded column name.

There are two workarounds:

- create the template with TEMS 6.x or an earlier version and use it on TEMS 7, or

- create the template with TEMS 7 but edit it in Notepad by correcting All-Latitude (Text) into All-Latitude (String), and similarly for the longitude.

cdmahn
2009-07-05, 12:21 PM
i dont understand the problem, did ur logfiles play individually? did ya try to export the logfile to Mapinfo using NEMO EXPORT WIZARD or TEMS Investigation ? what picture do u see in mapinfo ?? if there any points missing in it?

Let me know or if possible then share the logs, thanks !

I exported to text-based FMT files with some neccessary attributes for benchmarking, and then use Actix to import them.

I don't know why, but when there's no problem with the log-file individually, all can display in map, but when I tried to created the Supertream from all of them, it didn't have GPS information. I also tried to merge some of the FMT file, in some cases the Superstream was ok, some cases no. Was this the problem from big number of files, because I used around 100 files to test?

Please check PM for all of my FMTs. Thank you.

from acti_x faq:

The TEMS 7 export gives only two options for exporting geo coordinates: as text and no specs i.e. the respective column name would be All-Latitude (Text).

This causes a problem as all templates created using TEMS 7 will produce fmt files appearing not to have geo coordinates after loading into Analyzer.

The reason for this is that Analyzer does not recognize the new column names assigned to geo coordinates as the GPS is a hard coded column name.

There are two workarounds:

- create the template with TEMS 6.x or an earlier version and use it on TEMS 7, or

- create the template with TEMS 7 but edit it in Notepad by correcting All-Latitude (Text) into All-Latitude (String), and similarly for the longitude.

Thank you, I will try. However, in some cases of merging certain files, the Superstream was good. The individual FMT was good also. Please check PM for my FMTs.