PDA

View Full Version : repeater in GSM

eritelecom
2009-07-02, 06:43 PM
hello all,

i'm due to enhance the GSM coverage of some long road using repeaters.
distance between sites is about 20Km
thus repeater will be 10Km far from each gsm site.

does this cause a problem of multipath?
beacause the BTS will receive two signals; one the direct signal of mobile and the second is of the repeater (after amplifying it)

Lesmana
2009-07-02, 07:51 PM
hello all,

beacause the BTS will receive two signals; one the direct signal of mobile and the second is of the repeater (after amplifying it)

A good repeater will provide a satisfactory result for ur case...i have experienece in such case...repeater located at a distance of 7 km...and its not making any problem...we used the repeater of Remotek........can support upto 10 km...

RF engineer
2009-07-02, 08:20 PM
Dear
it probably cause you problem if the site located in high terrain because if the same BCCH reach to the area it make frequency interferenece.
BR
RF

dexterhaba
2009-07-03, 04:36 PM
Dear
it probably cause you problem if the site located in high terrain because if the same BCCH reach to the area it make frequency interferenece.
BR
RF

try to use FSR Repeater,,,,:)

RFviewer
2009-10-14, 05:06 AM
hello all,

If you want I can send a detailed description of the repeater Remotek, there are examples.

basith.aces
2009-10-14, 05:04 PM
hello all,

Very good question!

Better to use repeater for the clutter which consists of few houses and road where there is very poor coverage like above -95

And the repeater will surely Amplify the signal to -65 to -90 and there shall not be the problem for Multipath

dngpine
2009-10-22, 01:01 PM
You should notice that a not well-planned repeater location may lead to bad interference to other cells in proximity