PDA

View Full Version : Question 2G Optimization Project closure report sample

cm_rao29
2009-07-02, 01:28 AM
Hi All,

We are in the middle of Optimization project closure, though the kPIs are not yet met. The project time line is fixed... 9 July 09

I am seeking everyones help to share any kind of project closure report samples. I need some ideas to gain acceptance to this failure project.

Thank you..

RF engineer
2009-07-02, 03:03 AM
dear if u want to have report to u customer even u did not get the target write what u did and what makes u not reach the target so may be the customer will give u anthor opportunity to go on

venom
2009-07-02, 03:22 AM
Hi All,

We are in the middle of Optimization project closure, though the kPIs are not yet met. The project time line is fixed... 9 July 09

I am seeking everyones help to share any kind of project closure report samples. I need some ideas to gain acceptance to this failure project.

Thank you..

I wonder if your KPIs are not met then how are you expecting to gain the acceptance?

Brother you should make one report regarding to the hurdles you faced which should be the actual cause of the failure. You can only save ur a$$ if the delay is not from your end.

cm_rao29
2009-07-02, 04:04 AM
Hi Bro,

since the timeline is fixed and there is no further extension/delay... as u and RF Engineer said... i need to report or the effort taken to improve the KPIs and further recommandation to improve the network...

Well the project failed due to lack of resources and proper management... well we are just trying all our best to deliver the project...

this is why i would like to get some ideas to support the report..

Thanks for the support and concern...

I wonder if your KPIs are not met then how are you expecting to gain the acceptance?

Brother you should make one report regarding to the hurdles you faced which should be the actual cause of the failure. You can only save ur a$$ if the delay is not from your end.

NILCTG
2009-07-02, 12:11 PM
Friend:

Nether I can share such a Report nor I can suggest u how you should write d report, let me share how i dealt a similar case.

In an Asian country I was the consultant for Huawei (Service dpt of HW always promise to deliver the unachievable!). As I came to know the target KPI(such as CDR at cell level .5% at busy hour & it was capacity driven network), I told project manager & Manager RNP clearly that it was unachievable, RNP dpt communicated with HQ abt the target KPI & HQ also said it was impossible to archive. Then RNP dpt officially informed service Dpt that PNP will not take responsibility if target KPI given by operator is not achieved (referring to HQ mail), rather we set internal KPI target which was achievable, and went for it. At the end, a report was submitted focusing on what we archived (actions & improvements) & what should be done (issues not included in project scope) to achieve target KPI. Service dept handled the rest.

I tried my best not to misguide in the final report by keeping it as honest & simple as possible.

Thanks

Lesmana
2009-07-02, 12:27 PM
Friend:

Nether I can share such a Report nor I can suggest u who you should write d report, let me share how i dealt a similar case.

In an Asian country I was the consultant for Huawei (Service dpt of HW always promise to deliver the unachievable!). As I came to know the target KPI(such as CDR at cell level .5% at busy hour & it was capacity driven network), I told project manager & Manager RNP clearly that it was unachievable, RNP dpt communicated with HQ abt the target KPI & HQ also said it was impossible to archive. Then RNP dpt officially informed service Dpt that PNP will not take responsibility if target KPI given by operator is not achieved (referring to HQ mail), rather we set internal KPI target which was achievable, and went for it. At the end, a report was submitted focusing on what we archived (actions & improvements) & what should be done (issues not included in project scope) to achieve target KPI. Service dept handled the rest.

I tried my best not to misguide in the final report by keeping it as honest & simple as possible.

Thanks

Absolutely right...
the same thing they are doing around my area....with a giant network(more than 20 million subscribers...Nortel) and finally they lost the project...

gprastomo
2009-07-02, 03:09 PM
Hi All,

Thank you..

Hi cm_rao,

please read my thread :
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?p=52429#post52429

sample closure docs report for SFH

br

justdream
2009-07-02, 07:17 PM
Hi cm_rao,

please read my thread :
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?p=52429#post52429

sample closure docs report for SFH

br

Gito, we couldn't access your link !!!!!