PDA

View Full Version : Actix Spotlight Box

cdmahn
2009-07-01, 03:05 AM
Hi,

I'm just tried to use Spotlight for some days. We think there is few documents about this tool in the forum. However, I believe that there are a number of great masters here, and hope they can share us their knowledge and experiences.

Firstly, I have some questions:

1. What is the suitable file size of log-files for use with Spotlight?
2. What is the total file size of log-files in one project?
3. I saw in the guide that the binning method used by Spotlight is Location based. Can we use other binning methods, such as the traditional time-based? With location binning, the number of point is small and it is very difficult to make analysis in a short place.

Thanks in advance and hope this thread will get your attention.

gigel
2009-07-01, 04:19 AM
1. I think you cannot reach a max file size :) from how I see the background idea, Spotlight is creating a database for some given KPIs and statistical query's.
Practically loading all your drive test data you can build a all network drive test image, i think is named Network Image in Acti_x.
2. Most probably is system limited (hard disk space and computer processing power)
3. Location based is recommended and default mode (you can define a new profile and try to change it) but is not needed because if you plan your drive test log at max size 100MB or else you can identify very easy which file is containing that particular message plotting File map "KPI" and then from menu load just that file in Classic mode.

Thank you,

bikplaboi
2009-08-18, 08:17 AM
Hi Sir,

I have Actix Spotlight installer but been looking for the license do you think you can share a copy of your license for us forum members as well.

Having training manual for spotlight and willing to exchange for the license.

thanks,
:)

Hi,

I'm just tried to use Spotlight for some days. We think there is few documents about this tool in the forum. However, I believe that there are a number of great masters here, and hope they can share us their knowledge and experiences.

Firstly, I have some questions:

1. What is the suitable file size of log-files for use with Spotlight?
2. What is the total file size of log-files in one project?
3. I saw in the guide that the binning method used by Spotlight is Location based. Can we use other binning methods, such as the traditional time-based? With location binning, the number of point is small and it is very difficult to make analysis in a short place.

Thanks in advance and hope this thread will get your attention.

cdmahn
2009-08-18, 09:25 AM
No, I don't have my own Spotlight license. My Spotlight comes from our forum Actix package.

Please share your documents if possible.

Tksss

eyaOpti_guy
2009-08-18, 01:43 PM
People don't like the exchange culture in this forum, they simply share ""for me that's why I joined this forum in the first place""...
What you are asking for is already shared, so share what you have...
And even if it is not shared, share what you have and someday someone will share what you are looking for..
Thanks in advance...

Hi Sir,

I have Actix Spotlight installer but been looking for the license do you think you can share a copy of your license for us forum members as well.

Having training manual for spotlight and willing to exchange for the license.

thanks,
:)