PDA

View Full Version : Question HO Settings for Huawei BSC??

cm_rao29
2009-06-30, 01:50 PM
Hi Expertsl,

could anyone help me on the optimal settings for the network or which settings to be considered and tuned globally. Since we are not meeting the intra and inter HOSR for the project.

The network is with both BSC 32 and BSC 6000. I can provide the setting in the network. could anyone share the setting on their network so that i could compare the differences.

Attached are the settings on the network..

Highly appreciate is anyone could help us out. Thank you very much

RF engineer
2009-06-30, 06:40 PM
Dear
Normally for fine tuning your radio parameter depend on your trial that you u are performing and normally for huawei default parameter is well tuned and then it depend on you if you want to be more tuned and as i checked you have inconsistency in you HO parameter try to be unify BSC32 the below are not match and i didn't recommend you to go aggressive value
Min interval for TCH HOs(4) Min interval for consecutive HOs(4) Min interval for Emerg. HOs(4) Intracell HO allowed( if hopping is work disabled if not enabled for all cell).
and for BSC6000
Co-BSC/MSC Adj( it is better to be no because it make alot of HO problem) Intracell HO Allowed( as mentioned above) TA HO Allowed( it is better to be no) DL Qual. Threshold( it depend on you if you have alot of HO due to Qulaity change from 50 to 60 ) UL Qual. Threshold( the same)

Penalty Time after BQ HO(s)( As i made trial i found 10s is good) Edge HO Watch Time(put all of them 3 or 4) Edge HO Valid Time(one second less than watch time ) Layer HO Watch Time(the same as edge watch time) Layer HO Valid Time(the same as Edge valid time) PBGT Watch Time(put the same as above two one) PBGT Valid Time(the same as above two one).
Hope i help it you with some thing but agian it depend on your trial.
BR
RF