PDA

View Full Version : ZTE

rasar00
2009-06-22, 03:49 PM
DEAR Friends

did any one worked on ZTE equipment in GSM if yes can anyone please tell me how is there equipment and the option and fearure it has is good or very good or bad . can you please give me some insight

punto
2009-06-22, 04:45 PM
Hi 2 all, this is a good topic !

Please, some good colleague from China, could you share with us, what ZTE tools do you use in dimensioning, optimizing and planning 2G and 3G networks ?

Also, other colleagues, what is your opinion , who worked on ZTE, Huawei, NSN, Alcatel, E*******, Nortel ... what are comparisons ; opinions in general ?

BB,
P:)

punto
2009-06-22, 11:02 PM
您好2 ,這是一個很好的話題!

請,一些好同事的中國,你能與我們分享,什麼中興通訊工具,你使用的標註,優化和規劃2G和3G網絡?

此外,其他同事一樣,對此你有何看法,誰的工作中興,華為, NSN ,阿爾卡特,愛立信,北電...什麼是比較;意見有什麼看法?

BB心跳,
P

p.s. translation is by Google (English - Chinese/traditional), hopefully no too big and unwanted mistakes :)

evilti
2009-07-16, 09:21 PM
Pretty nice! Hieroglyphs again! What unhappy day :)
Well, actually I worked with Siemens equipment, but my friends work with ZTE BSS equipment. Overall subscribers opinion about their network not so good, - bad quality, and so on . It might be because any cause, but what I know for sure - that equipment have very bad RF (spectrum) characteristics - too wide spectrum (bad RF filter) - so bad conditions for frequency reuse, high interferience..
In advantage, as far as I know, it very cheap. And there are solution - big amout of cheap outdoor BTS (pretty interesting in my opinion) - exist.

pcaiazza
2009-07-16, 11:26 PM
I am currently working with ZTE WCDMA and it works great. In this 3G project some cities have ZTE 3G installed and others have Ericson 3G and the client its happier with ZTE because it supports many more users per site with default configuration and the performance (after V300 RNC soft upgrade) is better.

About it having "too wide spectrum (bad RF filter)", attached is a capture image from an spectrum analyzer of the downlink signal of a ZTE NodeB and you can see at the sides of the band that the attenuation if more than 40dB.

PS: If you found this helpful please click on +Thanks and add to my rep so I can become a full member ;)

evilti
2009-07-16, 11:37 PM
So, 3G might be. I talked about 2G. I compaired it with Siemens BS-240 series, and ZTE spectrum was approxiemately 2x wider per carrier. Unfortunately, it was more then 1-2 years ago and I have no pictures.

rasar00
2009-07-17, 12:35 AM
I am currently working with ZTE WCDMA and it works great. In this 3G project some cities have ZTE 3G installed and others have Ericson 3G and the client its happier with ZTE because it supports many more users per site with default configuration and the performance (after V300 RNC soft upgrade) is better.

About it having "too wide spectrum (bad RF filter)", attached is a capture image from an spectrum analyzer of the downlink signal of a ZTE NodeB and you can see at the sides of the band that the attenuation if more than 40dB.

PS: If you found this helpful please click on +Thanks and add to my rep so I can become a full member ;)
dear pcaiazza

thank you for sharing . iwant to ask did you worked for other venders or thier equipment ? so the 3G of ZTE is better than 3G E******* ??!!!

pcaiazza
2009-07-17, 02:35 AM
Hi rasar00,
I have worked with Nokia and Nortel also, but never with Ericson (yet). And when I say it's better than E*******, those are the words of the final costumer.
One thing with ZTE that is a CON, it's that it lacks of good technical documentation in english. On the other hand the OMCR tool its very intuitive and the easiest to use I've seen.

evilti
2009-07-17, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't pay in attention subscribers opinion in estimating of technical characteristics. Bad quality may be caused bad work of technicians, not equipment

leo.ashu
2009-07-17, 05:05 PM
You name a feature available with some GSM vendor and I bet Huawei would be having it as well. They are actually good equipemnt wise. However I belive nortel was the best in terms of set optimisation processes and techniques.

xcatas
2009-11-26, 10:51 PM
i don't know much about zte products.

but from information (experience) from my friend works as a bss engineer (which using huawei now), zte product is cheaper than the other, but have less quality in performance.
no offence

BR
xcatas

intros
2009-11-27, 01:35 AM
I've worked with Alcatel, Huawei, ZTE, Nokia, E******* with GSM/UMTS/CDMA equipment for both BSS and MSC.
Every vendor has its own weak spots, and also some wonderfull features.
In my opinion Huawei and E******* are the best for BSS and Alcatel NGEN for MSC. I believe that after sales cost (operational expenditure) are more important than an wonderfull feature implemented in an equipment.

Hi 2 all, this is a good topic !

Please, some good colleague from China, could you share with us, what ZTE tools do you use in dimensioning, optimizing and planning 2G and 3G networks ?

Also, other colleagues, what is your opinion , who worked on ZTE, Huawei, NSN, Alcatel, E*******, Nortel ... what are comparisons ; opinions in general ?

BB,
P:)

tester
2009-11-27, 01:45 AM
If anybody has ZTE WiMAX equipment descriptions please share them.

linfeng
2009-11-27, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't pay in attention subscribers opinion in estimating of technical characteristics. Bad quality may be caused bad work of technicians, not equipment

Yes, I agree this opinion. If your work technicians is so limited, you'll feel bad on anyting.