PDA

View Full Version : drive test problem

simmus0300
2009-06-19, 01:06 AM
Dear,

I have exported 15 log files in tems tool into mapinfo format.How can i make a report that contains the sites name, cell id and distance covered by each cell in these log files .

justdream
2009-06-19, 01:15 AM
what's the problem?

gprastomo
2009-06-19, 01:17 AM
Dear,

I have exported 15 log files in tems tool into mapinfo format.now can i make a report that contains the sites name, cell id and distance covered by each cell in these log files .

Of course you can do that, simple

simmus0300
2009-06-19, 01:21 AM
Of course you can do that, simple
Pl expalin the step by step method, Thanks in advance.

gprastomo
2009-06-19, 01:36 AM
Before export the logfile you can choose which parameter you want to show in the map info, eg TA, RxLev, RxQual.
After exporting to mapinfo then open the exported tab file, and create the result using thematic.
For the site information, you can create separately/ view using map info and open them on the same layer.

simmus0300
2009-06-19, 01:42 AM
Before export the logfile you can choose which parameter you want to show in the map info, eg TA, RxLev, RxQual.
After exporting to mapinfo then open the exported tab file, and create the result using thematic.
For the site information, you can create separately/ view using map info and open them on the same layer.

Dear,
How can I calculate the distance covered by each site.

gprastomo
2009-06-19, 01:57 AM
For 2G you can use TA, and for 3g you can use propagation delay (but i dont think so tems can do this)

hassen
2009-06-19, 02:57 AM
Dear,
hi

if you have e******* equip there is feature called PMR by choosing cell you can see the coverage from sts.

br hassen

electron
2009-06-19, 04:15 AM
You can create Thematic by Cell Id after thanatic you can see serving area of each cell by diffrent color

hassen
2009-06-19, 09:23 AM
You can create Thematic by Cell Id after thanatic you can see serving area of each cell by diffrent color
hi

you are right but for coverage i mean no just the road but all area indoor and outdoor
you need the feature like pmr to collect data measurement from MSs
because as you know each ms send to bsc measurement report .

br hassen

electron
2009-06-19, 02:41 PM
Dear Hassen

According to your replied message and Simmus300 request It's clear he is looking for some thing like Coverage plot!
I thing it's much better to use planning software like ASSET,TCP,...

Any way i think it is not possible to prepare this kind of plot with Map info.

BR//
Reza

simmus0300
2009-06-20, 01:01 AM
hi

you are right but for coverage i mean no just the road but all area indoor and outdoor
you need the feature like pmr to collect data measurement from MSs
because as you know each ms send to bsc measurement report .

br hassen

Is PMR is a feature of tems kit or e******* bsc/MSC/BTS ?.
I just want to calulate the distance covered by each cell during drive test in a log file. It may be 100m or 50m or 2km.

electron
2009-06-20, 03:15 AM
PMR is a feature of e******* OSS database and platform(RNO package)

simmus0300
2009-06-20, 01:27 PM
PMR is a feature of e******* OSS database and platform(RNO package)

I just want to calulate the actual distance covered by each cell during drive test in a log file. It may be 100m or 50m or 500m.Although its actual coverage may be 4 km.

electron
2009-06-21, 01:38 PM
try to thematic log files by Cell Id after that you can use ruler to calculate serving area,It's simple solution!!

simmus0300
2009-06-21, 07:50 PM
try to thematic log files by Cell Id after that you can use ruler to calculate serving area,It's simple solution!! i want to calculate distance between served area and serving cell.

rheyra
2009-06-24, 12:25 PM
Hi simmus0300,
Drivetest will not accomodate area. Drivetest only takes samples from routes, not area, so if you want to know what's the coverage distance of a cell in drivetest, you just take the maximum timing advance of each cell after exporting log files.

BR//Rheyra

i want to calculate distance between served area and serving cell.

RF engineer
2009-06-24, 05:23 PM
I think this can be done in TEMS by scanning BCCH and BSIC with CI and then can be tranformed to tab file and get exactly where in the area the specific BCCH and BSIC can be decoded but really i don't know how to do it just i saw once time but i forgot it how to do if some one be so good in mapinfo can tell us.

corneliu
2009-07-16, 04:40 PM
Dear,
You can evaluate the serving area on your plot by measuring the CellId plot , TA will give you only the distance to site.