PDA

View Full Version : Monitoring SNMP equipment in third party applications?!

omid373
2016-12-20, 03:21 AM
Dear Friends,

Does any one has experience to monitor some snmp equipment in a third party application like solarwinds?
In fact I need to import some E******* and Nokia links to solar winds to monitor some KPIs. I know that all SNMP equipment have some reference files named MIB files as reference to be used in third party apps.
Any suggestion?
Br.
Omid

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

hogrrbs
2017-01-18, 03:09 AM
Dear Friends,

Does any one has experience to monitor some snmp equipment in a third party application like solarwinds?
In fact I need to import some E******* and Nokia links to solar winds to monitor some KPIs. I know that all SNMP equipment have some reference files named MIB files as reference to be used in third party apps.
Any suggestion?
Br.
Omid

Hi Dear

Actually, I have the same issue, for example, I want to monitor RTN 980 through PRTG but when I configure SNMP in PRTG it show me message error may be it need to add library file, anyone has this library file?

thiepvt
2017-01-20, 01:05 AM
Dear Friends,

Any suggestion?
Br.
Omid

Hi,

You can use Castlerock third party software (https://www.castlerock.com) it supports SNMP protocol in order to monitor your DC power supply system(equipments: Eltek, Emersson, Huawei, ZTE...).

This software requires some mandatory inputs as below:
1. Controller unit of DC power supply system must support Ethernet port which supports SNMP protocol
2. It has a physical connection (Allocate an IP static) between controller unit with server which has been installed third party software
3. MIB file of any vendor which you're using in order to import to software

The software can monitor any parameter of equipment that will depend on MIB file which have been provided by vendor.

Cheer :)

hogrrbs
2017-02-19, 10:55 PM
Hi,

You can use Castlerock third party software (https://www.castlerock.com) it supports SNMP protocol in order to monitor your DC power supply system(equipments: Eltek, Emersson, Huawei, ZTE...).

This software requires some mandatory inputs as below:
1. Controller unit of DC power supply system must support Ethernet port which supports SNMP protocol
2. It has a physical connection (Allocate an IP static) between controller unit with server which has been installed third party software
3. MIB file of any vendor which you're using in order to import to software

The software can monitor any parameter of equipment that will depend on MIB file which have been provided by vendor.

Dear thiepvt

I installed this software now I can see SMU02B Huawei Monitoring inside this software but how can manage and see all alarms ?

thiepvt
2017-02-19, 11:51 PM
Dear thiepvt

I installed this software now I can see SMU02B Huawei Monitoring inside this software but how can manage and see all alarms ?

Hi friend,

If you want to know more things about castlerock software for your equipment monitor, you can go to their website in order to get documents related to whatever you are finding (all documents of Castlerock are being public on the their webside).

hogrrbs
2017-02-20, 09:51 PM
Hi friend,

If you want to know more things about castlerock software for your equipment monitor, you can go to their website in order to get documents related to whatever you are finding (all documents of Castlerock are being public on the their webside).

Dear thiepvt

I looked all the document and videos on youtube but I cannot see any alarm in SNMPc software but when I click on the start table I can see two major alarms, do you have any advice to see the alarms in active events, for detail you can see the photo attached.

I connect to huawei SMU02B LCD power management system and I want to monitor all alarms from office

thiepvt
2017-02-20, 11:13 PM
Dear thiepvt

I looked all the document and videos on youtube but I cannot see any alarm in SNMPc software but when I click on the start table I can see two major alarms, do you have any advice to see the alarms in active events, for detail you can see the photo attached.

I connect to huawei SMU02B LCD power management system and I want to monitor all alarms from office

Hi,
You not only install castlerock software but also have to install SQL software (because parameters of equipment will automatically send from sites to storage on the SQL database so that castlerock software can get all information from database to show on the software. You should contact to castlerock in order to achieve full services.

hogrrbs
2017-02-21, 03:07 PM
Hi,
You not only install castlerock software but also have to install SQL software (because parameters of equipment will automatically send from sites to storage on the SQL database so that castlerock software can get all information from database to show on the software. You should contact to castlerock in order to achieve full services.

Hi Bro

Why I need to install SQL software I think we can use SQL just for online SNMP not for software, anyway can you suggest how can do this ?because I send it the email to them but they didn't replay me till now.