PDA

View Full Version : RTWP in LTE

javierinfante
2016-09-29, 08:29 PM
Hello:
In my network we just upgrade to R11, in this release the weblmt has the option to measure the RTWP in LTE, before it was only the FFD.
I have one doubt, in UMTS is well known that the ideal RTWP value is around -104, -105; which is the ideal RTWP value in LTE?, I have seen LTE sites with RTWP values around -90 but i dont have any degradation, neither any customer complains.

pasaribu
2016-11-07, 08:31 PM
i think value near same with UMTS, but if you want to sure, check it from realtim in Monitor u2k (cell Inteference) and choose port 0 and port 1 (base on port transmit antenna), if the vallue below -95 it becomes high RTWP

tpkj
2016-11-07, 09:37 PM
Hello:
In my network we just upgrade to R11, in this release the weblmt has the option to measure the RTWP in LTE, before it was only the FFD.
I have one doubt, in UMTS is well known that the ideal RTWP value is around -104, -105; which is the ideal RTWP value in LTE?, I have seen LTE sites with RTWP values around -90 but i dont have any degradation, neither any customer complains.

It is pending on the bandwidth.
Go on it logicaly.
If UMTS has is well known bandwith 5MHz then according you that the ideal RTWP (This is after processing) value is around -104, -105.
If bandwith is increasing to 10 MHz, then RSSI for LTE should be according your calculation around -104 + 3 = -101, -105 + 3 = -102.
If bandwith is increasing to 20 MHz, then RSSI for LTE should be according your calculation around -104 + 6 = -98, -105 + 6 = -99.

Noisefloor=10×log10(k×T×B)
And now what is “kxTxB”?

The total thermal noise power (kxTxB) is a function of three quantities,
1) Boltzmann’s constant “k” in Joules/˚K,
2) temperature in ˚Kelvin,
3) the overall bandwidth of the channel selective filtering in the receiver.

plannerguy
2016-11-09, 09:34 PM
Hi

You can keep an eye on PHR which would give a better insight.

Rgds
Plannerguy