PDA

View Full Version : IFHO sample for NSN 3G network

drJaser
2009-06-02, 07:34 PM
Hi,

I am urgently seeking a kind of example for parameter settings for Inter-Frequency HO (IFHO) in NSN 3G network (WCEL,ADJI, HOPI, FCMI,..).
Maybe with some figures or drawings would be even easier to understand ..

Regards as always..
drJ

gprastomo
2009-06-02, 08:50 PM
Hi,

I am urgently seeking a kind of example for parameter settings for Inter-Frequency HO (IFHO) in NSN 3G network (WCEL,ADJI, HOPI, FCMI,..).
Maybe with some figures or drawings would be even easier to understand ..

Regards as always..
drJ

My friend,

here some parameter sample, not only for Interfrequency but also for HSDPA layering strategy, the strategy mainly the same to balance Radio load on both frequencies.

br

/*************************************************************/

DirectedRRCEnabled = 1
DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnabled = 0
DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnhanc = 0

Load Balancing between RF carriers based upon DRRCprxOffset, DRRCptxOffset, DRRCprxMargin and DRRCptxMargin
Also includes throughput based checks which can be disabled by setting PrxLoadMarginDCH and PrxLoadMarginMaxDCH to 0 dB

DirectedRRCEnabled = 0
DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnabled = 1
DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnhanc = 0

From non-HSDPA to HSDPA
Release 5 UE are re-directed
Release 6 UE are re-directed

From HSDPA to non-HSDPA
Release 99 UE are re-directed
Release 4 UE are re-directed

DirectedRRCEnabled = 0
DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnhanc = 1 (requires Common Channel Layering for HSDPA feature)

From non-HSDPA to HSDPA
Release 5 UE are re-directed if the establishment cause is listed as active within DRRCForHSDPALayerServices
Release 6 UE are re-directed if the establishment cause is listed as active within DRRCForHSDPALayerServices AND the UE indicates that it is HSDPA capable
(HSDPA load is checked prior to re-direction: re-direction is not completed if maximum number of HSDPA connections is reached)

From HSDPA to non-HSDPA
Release 6 UE are re-directed if the UE indicates that it is not HSDPA capable
(note that release 5 UE are not redirected at all and the DRRCForHSDPALayerServices parameter is not applied)
(the target cell load is checked in terms of DRRCPrxOffset and DRRCPtxOffset, i.e. redirection is not completed if the target cell is in a state which would trigger re-direction towards the source cell)

DirectedRRCEnabled = 1
DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnhanc = 1 (requires Common Channel Layering for HSDPA feature)

From non-HSDPA to HSDPA
Release 5 UE are re-directed if the establishment cause is listed as active within DRRCForHSDPALayerServices
Release 6 UE are re-directed if the establishment cause is listed as active within DRRCForHSDPALayerServices AND the UE indicates that it is HSDPA capable
(HSDPA load is checked prior to re-direction, e.g. re-direction is not completed if maximum number of HSDPA connections is reached)
(in this case, if the decision from enabling DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnabled and DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnhanc is to not change layer, then the DirectedRRCEnabled algorithm is run and may subsequently cause the layer to change.)

From HSDPA to non-HSDPA
Release 6 UE are re-directed if the UE indicates that it is not HSDPA capable
(the target cell load is checked in terms of DRRCPrxOffset and DRRCPtxOffset, i.e. redirection is not completed if the target cell is in a state which would trigger re-direction towards the source cell)
(in this case, if the decision from enabling DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnabled and DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnhanc is to not change layer, then the DirectedRRCEnabled algorithm is run and may subsequently cause the layer to change.)

HSDPALayeringCommonChEnabled = 1
ServicesToHSDPALayer = NRT

From non-HSDPA to HSDPA
UE is HSDPA capable and service being requested is NRT PS data

From HSDPA to non-HSDPA
UE is not HSDPA capable
(note that HSDPA UE making speech calls are left on the HSDPA RF carrier)

nabil el haddani
2009-11-10, 02:58 PM
Hi friend,

Can you send me the document including all these details..or something related to the IFHO strategy combined with explained NSN features.

For example, i'm working on a network with two 3G layers (UMTS900(F1 only) and UMTS2100(F2only )) and NSN settings for IFHO parameters are :

DirectedRRCEnabled 0 (so there is no SHO or cell change between U9 and U21) so it should be HHO, could you tell me the related parameters to this task?
DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnabled 0

DirectedRRCForHSDPALayerEnhanc 0

HSDPALayeringCommonChEnabled 0

ServicesToHSDPALayer 1

DRRCForHSDPALayerServices 524 (normally the default value is 204).. do u have the mapping table for these 2 values (524, 204...etc)

i know that :
Bit 0: Conversational Call, Bit 1: Streaming Call, Bit 2:Interactive Call, Bit 3: Background Call, Bit 4:Subscribed traffic Call, Bit 5: Emergency Call, Bit 6:
Inter-RAT cell re-selection, Bit 7: Inter-RAT cell changeorder, Bit 8:Registration, Bit 9: High Priority Signalling,Bit 10: Low Priority Signalling, Bit 11: Call reestablishment, Bit 12: Terminating cause unknown, Bit 13: MBMS reception, Bit 14: MBMS ptp RB request, Bit 15: Other

but i cannot match the value to the right tasks.

Br,

Nabil