PDA

View Full Version : Link capacity calculation for LTE sites

Biku
2016-06-28, 08:20 PM

I have one question, i have microwave link for LTE sites, So i wan't to know what is the throughput or capacity of each link and how to calculate the capacity of attached pic. Can anyone help me to calculate the capacity of each link for LTE sites. I want to lease fiber at End A from ISP. So now how much bandwidth i need from isp for above site as i mention in Picture. From end A i will go through Microwave transmission to other sites. So how to calculate throughput of each link for each individual sites.

omid373
2016-12-20, 03:06 AM
Salam Biku,

At first you should have some forecast regarding thru put of LTE sites.because thruput depends on population and trend of subscribers on using LTE.Also type of LTE as fore example LTE advanced thru put on one sector can be up to more than 300mbps.Or on LTE TDD with carrier aggregation , thru put can be up to 800mbps as recently tested in our real network.Anyway planning based on such high capacities and lease , will be not cost effective.As an experience , we consider 100mbps in small cities and 200-300mbps in large cities per site for all technologies(2g/3g/lte).then you can sum all required site capacities and consider a normalizing factor to calculate leased capacity required. Mentioned factor can be 0.5-0.6.
It is better to have forecast on site thru put to have cost effective planning.

Br.
Omid

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

noname
2017-02-16, 11:47 AM
Salam Biku,

At first you should have some forecast regarding thru put of LTE sites.because thruput depends on population and trend of subscribers on using LTE.Also type of LTE as fore example LTE advanced thru put on one sector can be up to more than 300mbps.Or on LTE TDD with carrier aggregation , thru put can be up to 800mbps as recently tested in our real network.Anyway planning based on such high capacities and lease , will be not cost effective.As an experience , we consider 100mbps in small cities and 200-300mbps in large cities per site for all technologies(2g/3g/lte).then you can sum all required site capacities and consider a normalizing factor to calculate leased capacity required. Mentioned factor can be 0.5-0.6.
It is better to have forecast on site thru put to have cost effective planning.

Br.
Omid

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

Dear Omid.
Thank for ur post, but i think forecasting thru put very difficult, You can get thru put from RF team when they define LTE network. Thru put must be defined by rf, example : 180Mb/site or others. After you decide capacity of link which you want, and decide modulation/ band with ...etc. When designing, you must pay anttention for real capacity. It should be usage from 70%-80% capacity of equiment.