PDA

View Full Version : Paging Request Type 1-2-3???

chirag0310in
2009-05-19, 02:44 PM
Hi everybody,
In our GSM we have 3 paging types..
Those are Paging Request Type 1,2 & 3..
In Paging Request Type 1- We can Page max 2 MS with IMSI Or TMSI in 1 paging MSG..
In Paging Request Type 2- We can Page max 3 MS in which we have to page at least 2 MS with TMSI.
In Paging Request Type 3- We can Page max 4 MS in which we have to page all MS with TMSI.

"In our system we are using Paging Type 1.. If i will use Paging Type 3 i will be able to page 4 MS at a time so CCCH resources can be saved"

Now i want to know the Merits and demerits of each Paging Type and which should be used ideally and why?? And when i can play with this??

MINTO
2009-05-19, 02:57 PM
its depend on paging load

lamhd_bk
2009-05-19, 04:33 PM
paging request depend on paging load, of course.
how can we calculate the capacity for paging ?
as we know, paging will make more use of CCCH than the access grant message, right ?, since the paging is done across a location area. all cell in location area are paged.whether the required mobile is
in that cell or not. AGCH only takes place in the specific cell containing the mobile.

paging capacity = X.Y/0.235 mobile/second

X : nuber of mobile paged per paging message ( 1 4)
Y :nuber of posible paging per multiframe
0.235s : duration of control chanel frame

To base on that, we calculate the paging capacity, as you know

don't forget click THANK and Repulation

RG

chirag0310in
2009-05-19, 08:50 PM
HI lamhd_bk,
you mean to say Paging Request Type is not configurable parameter..

Depending upon the load of my CCCH BSC will decide which Paging Request Type should be used??? Is it so??

lamhd_bk
2009-05-20, 10:45 AM
HI lamhd_bk,
you mean to say Paging Request Type is not configurable parameter..

Depending upon the load of my CCCH BSC will decide which Paging Request Type should be used??? Is it so??

ho, i mean that after you calculate using paging parameter, so you will know how to configure your paging parameter, right?

chirag0310in
2009-05-20, 03:33 PM
I am not talking about calculating paging load or paging parameters..

My main question is "Paging Request Type" is configurable parmater or not???
And if YES..
Then what is the merits & demerits of each paging type???

lamhd_bk
2009-05-20, 03:49 PM
hic, stupid:mad: hehe
not of course!
paging message for individual mobile are sent to BSS which store them temporarity untill there are enough to make up a full type 1,2or3 message or untill cofigurable timer(set by operator ) expires. these is then broadcast

lamhd_bk
2009-05-20, 03:52 PM
:mad: hehe
of course it can!
paging message for individual mobile are sent to BSS which store them temporarity untill there are enough to make up a full type 1,2or3 message or untill cofigurable timer(set by operator ) expires. these is then broadcast

chirag0310in
2009-05-20, 09:04 PM
my dear friend you are not getting my question..
If i can configure the "Paging Request Type"; i will configure it to Pgn Type 3 only so that i can page 4 mob at a time.. why should i use Pgn Type 1 or 2..
Is there any drawback in using Pgn Type 3..
Please try to understand before writing man...

lamhd_bk
2009-05-21, 11:31 AM
my frend !
why don't you understand ?
ok, it doesn't configure in BSS, right ?
it is configured in MSC, right ?
if you configure all type message that
depend number of mobile in Air-interface that use the type message (1,2 or 3 ) right ?
If you only configure type message, so it only use the message
or if the network doesn't use TMSI, only type 1 can be use

alibushehri
2009-05-21, 01:27 PM
Dear,

You cannot modify the type of paging, it is completely depends on a data stored in database (TMSI available or not, or if the switch going to repeated the paging how is the case would be), so the switch will use TMSI or IMSI.

Hi everybody,
In our GSM we have 3 paging types..
Those are Paging Request Type 1,2 & 3..
In Paging Request Type 1- We can Page max 2 MS with IMSI Or TMSI in 1 paging MSG..
In Paging Request Type 2- We can Page max 3 MS in which we have to page at least 2 MS with TMSI.
In Paging Request Type 3- We can Page max 4 MS in which we have to page all MS with TMSI.

"In our system we are using Paging Type 1.. If i will use Paging Type 3 i will be able to page 4 MS at a time so CCCH resources can be saved"

Now i want to know the Merits and demerits of each Paging Type and which should be used ideally and why?? And when i can play with this??

luonghp2003
2009-06-21, 10:56 PM
hi all!
IMSI is fixed for MS while TMSI is issued by the MSC/VLR.
A paging Procedure usually uses TMSI for the first time(in a LAC) and IMSI for the second time(all LACs in this MSC).
if the Paging Type 3 is used (4MS with TMSI), so the second paging time is not issued.

Ben0723
2011-06-10, 03:20 PM
my dear friend you are not getting my question..
If i can configure the "Paging Request Type"; i will configure it to Pgn Type 3 only so that i can page 4 mob at a time.. why should i use Pgn Type 1 or 2..
Is there any drawback in using Pgn Type 3..
Please try to understand before writing man...

the maximum number of PAGING COMMAND messages to one PAGING REQUEST message (which enables up to 4 MSs to be paged at the same time). Following combinations are possible for each type of PAGING REQUEST message:
TYPE 1 :
- IMSI
- (P)TMSI
- IMSI,IMSI (®)
- IMSI, (P)TMSI
- (P)TMSI, (P)TMSI
TYPE 2 :
- (P)TMSI, (P)TMSI, (P)TMSI
- (P)TMSI, (P)TMSI,IMSI
TYPE 3 :
- (P)TMSI, (P)TMSI, (P)TMSI, (P)TMSI

This combination can be used for 2 CS Paging using any IMSI numbers. An IMSI PS Paging can
only be merged with another IMSI PS or CS Paging, if it remains some bytes left for Packet Page
Indication field in PAGING REQUEST type 1 rest octets. 1 PS Paging and 1 PS or CS Paging using
both full IMSI numbers on 16 bytes cannot be merged into 1 PAGING REQUEST type 1 message,
because there is no room left for rest octets.

The PAGING REQUEST message is generated with the PAGING COMMAND messages of the
concerned Paging Group occurrence.

The BTS builds a new PAGING REQUEST message containing the first PAGING COMMAND
message available.
- If it is possible to complete the PAGING REQUEST message, the message is rebuilt including
the next PAGING COMMAND message with its new MS identity ((P)TMSI or IMSI).
- If it is not possible to complete the PAGING REQUEST message because the message is
already full (for example IMSI/IMSI, (P)TMSI/(P)TMSI/IMSI or
(P)TMSI/(P)TMSI/(P)TMSI/(P)TMSI), or if it is not possible to merge the next PAGING
COMMAND message in the PAGING REQUEST message (for example IMSI/(P)TIMSI + IMSI),
the PAGING REQUEST message is closed and ready to be sent on Radio Interface.