PDA

View Full Version : Microwave transmission market

saslin
2009-05-08, 05:32 PM
As I saw this http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21976062-licensed-microwave-market-in-flux , I'm wondering does anyone have some kind of research document (or some comparison of MW equipment ) that could show what's new on the market, who's falling behind and etc. Thanks!

Cost_Reducer
2009-05-08, 09:33 PM
Hello,

new on market is the IP-10 from Ceragon Networks. It provide native Ethernet / GBE Transmission and TDM (16xE1 or T1). Also it use Adaptive Code Modulation, so you have for every weather condition the best throughput. It can step down from 256 QAM to QPSK... and so on.
If you want a description or other documents so ask me please.

BR CR

byja
2009-05-11, 02:48 AM
Nera has a new product, Edge. It's basically designed as a "last hop" microwave access link, for backhauling base stations or for low cap links. It covers the usual licenced band from L6 to 38 GHz, has adaptive coded modulation, hybrid mapping of ethernet/TDM traffic, number of ethernet related features (QoS, VLAN tagging, switching, etc.). But the most striking feature is extremely small indoor unit, which is 1RU tall, but uses half of 19" width and around 150mm depth. It has a maximum capacity of 110 Mbps, used between 3xFE and 20xE1 ports.
Still, I believe topic is market share for microwave transmission vendors. :)

Cost_Reducer
2009-05-11, 03:36 AM
Why is it not fair to talk about competitors? :confused::confused:

I think, it`s great to know what for new products the competitors have. That will help to decide for a competitor for testing the products.

BR

saslin
2009-05-11, 04:41 PM
I know that vendors have statistics about their competitors, but it’s not in their interest for user to see it…. although it would be very helpful (as Cost Reducer said)…:)

raddostinpp
2010-01-25, 09:23 AM
Hi,
Edge is even 4 FE ports, QinQ, RSTP and more...

Cost_Reducer
2010-01-25, 04:46 PM
@raddostinpp

can u upload a technical description for the EDGE product?

Thx !