PDA

View Full Version : Power Blocking in ZTE

ravikiran_rao
2009-05-07, 08:57 PM
I have Power blocking on many sites, which even after parametric optimisation is not getting reduced. Can you plz guide on the reasons for this and solutions . I am working on ZTE CDMA (ZXC10 BSC).

gprastomo
2009-06-04, 03:20 PM
I have Power blocking on many sites, which even after parametric optimisation is not getting reduced. Can you plz guide on the reasons for this and solutions . I am working on ZTE CDMA (ZXC10 BSC).

Hi Power Blocking in cdma i think almost the same with 3G.
Usually there are 2 types of power blocking :
1. DL Power blocking
- DL power blocking are met when the Total Power of the Traffic+Signalling power crossing the specified threshold so when there are user trying to connect, it will be rejected due to Admission Controll.
- This Blocking could be caused by traffic are increasing so you need to upgrade the power to higher Watt
- The other cause is unnecessary power spike, you can optimize the power threshold
- Then kindly check the coverage on site to see the pilot pollution which can lead unnecessary power consumption
- Lastly 2nd carrier could be added
2. UL Power blocking
- The same as DL, but on UL we use UL interference instead (RTWP/Received Total wideband power) of Power

ahrouch
2009-06-04, 04:49 PM
@ gprastomo
Do you have some doc to configure a BSC or BTS to add a carrier for example or other parameters. THX
Samir

gprastomo
2009-06-04, 05:48 PM
Hi my frien,

I dont have it, actually im not a network configurator so i dont have experience about it.
im so sorry my friend

br

@ gprastomo
Do you have some doc to configure a BSC or BTS to add a carrier for example or other parameters. THX
Samir

nitailor
2009-12-16, 09:21 PM
1. Try to do a load sharing so that the traffic is equally balanced
2. From the OMC, check the RTD to find out the distance from where the MS are calling. If the distance is too far, do some physical opt by giving some downtilt.
3. Check for the %SHO and accordingly do some parameter level opt.
4. If possible, reduce the traffic channel gain