PDA

View Full Version : Paging KPIs

justdream
2015-07-30, 12:59 AM
Dears,

Could you share 2G Paging KPIs with exact counters name (from Radio side)

asifhaider919
2015-07-30, 01:06 AM
Which vendor do you need?

justdream
2015-07-30, 02:54 AM
Huawei please...

linhhy
2015-07-30, 08:45 PM
Dears,

Could you share 2G Paging KPIs with exact counters name (from Radio side)

Pls lookup attached file about Paging over load rate from Radio side.

linhhy
2015-07-31, 11:22 AM
You can also use another counter to monitor paging performance in BSS part.

justdream
2015-08-09, 09:15 PM
Dears, I'm confused !! :L

What's the usage of below counters:

A337:Number of Deletions of the Paging for CS Services on the PCH
A338:Number of Expiries of the Paging for CS Services on the PCH
A351:Number of Discarded Re-paging Messages for CS Services
-----------------

and is it normal to have big difference of Delivered Paging Message to cells in Same LAC?
-----------------

What does it mean when Average of RL3188:OVERLOAD rate of paging (%) for a specific cell = 0.2%
while number od Discarded Paging messages is 15618 !

linhhy
2015-08-09, 10:22 PM
What's the usage of below counters:

A337:Number of Deletions of the Paging for CS Services on the PCH. --> number of paging messeage is deleted due to over paging's buffer size
A338:Number of Expiries of the Paging for CS Services on the PCH -->number of paging messeage is deleted due to expire time stay on paging's buffer
A351:Number of Discarded Re-paging Messages for CS Services --> same meaning with the first counter but for re-paging
-----------------

and is it normal to have big difference of Delivered Paging Message to cells in Same LAC? yes, its normal. Because, paging channel has lower priority than AGCCH. In cell has high load, you can see more paging discard in high loaded cell compare with low loaded cell

-----------------

What does it mean when Average of RL3188:OVERLOAD rate of paging (%) for a specific cell = 0.2%
while number od Discarded Paging messages is 15618 ![/QUOTE]
--> it tells you how many paging messeage is discarded and percentige in that cell.
It'll effect to Paging KPI if you have many cell have overload paging channel

justdream
2015-08-09, 10:53 PM
while number od Discarded Paging messages is 15618 !
--> it tells you how many paging messeage is discarded and percentige in that cell.
It'll effect to Paging KPI if you have many cell have overload paging channel[/QUOTE]

I mean how come RL3188:OVERLOAD rate of paging only 0.2% while number of discarded messages is huge

See below example

and which parameter could I change to minimize this big number of discarded message for this cell

linhhy
2015-08-10, 12:46 PM
I mean how come RL3188:OVERLOAD rate of paging only 0.2% while number of discarded messages is huge
It's normal, because paging message sent to each BTS coming from all cells in a LAC. And as me said before Paging channel has lower priority than AGCCH channel. In some cells have very high load, with many calls attempt initial in that cell can cause almost paging message is discarded

and which parameter could I change to minimize this big number of discarded message for this cell

--> try to reduce BS_PA_MFRMS, it'll have you a a lot 37996

Please give some reputation if my infor is useful ;)

justdream
2015-08-10, 06:44 PM
--> try to reduce BS_PA_MFRMS, it'll have you a a lot
Please give some reputation if my infor is useful ;)

I found it set to 1
is it possible to be Zero?
and what could be the impact if its equal to Zero as I found it in previous project was equal to Zero for some cells

linhhy
2015-08-10, 08:21 PM
I found it set to 1
is it possible to be Zero?
and what could be the impact if its equal to Zero as I found it in previous project was equal to Zero for some cells

Actually, BS_PA_MFRMS, number of multi-frames in a cycle on a paging sub-channel, whose value range is 2 to 9 --> Minimum value is 2, you cant set lower. Lower BS_PA_MFRMS will get more paging capacity but UE spend more power in Idle mode (actually, it's not much).
If you have a alot paging discard you should analysis Paging performance. If PSR decreses so much you need re-plan LAC (to get smaller LAC).

justdream
2015-08-10, 08:44 PM
You are right my Friend,
Sorry I got confused, I was speaking about CCCH Blocks Reserved for AGCH That I foud it Zero for some cells

arturcm
2015-08-11, 03:00 AM
I completely agree.