PDA

View Full Version : HSDPA throughput fluctuate

mojiiiiii
2015-04-12, 10:24 PM

We had a problem in HSDPA throughput, for certain time throughput value is very low it meant it comes to 0 value and after some time the value reaches the maximum throughput. For that location CQI is very good value is around 28.RSCP for that location is -65. Ec/Io also very good range is -3 to-6. According to my investigation there is no problem in drive side.

you can find detailed report in attachment.

RNC : Nokia RU40
Core : Nokia

tremalnike
2015-04-12, 11:24 PM
How many HS codes are allocated to UE? If everything with rscp,ecno,cqi and codes is OK then probably the problem is in Iub or is software bug in NodeB

mojiiiiii
2015-04-13, 04:38 AM
How many HS codes are allocated to UE? If everything with rscp,ecno,cqi and codes is OK then probably the problem is in Iub or is software bug in NodeB

Hi friend.

Thanks for your answer.

actually as i checked , number of codes became Zero in low throughput situation.
So , what is the main reason that Node-B schedule UE with Zero code at those moment ?

You can find related plot in attachment.
Thanks and waiting for your answer ...37558

oucht79
2015-04-14, 06:56 AM
Hi;
is this ftp download or HTTP, mau be internet provider issue as there is no issue in radio side
thx

electron
2015-04-15, 03:30 AM
Hi friend.

Thanks for your answer.

actually as i checked , number of codes became Zero in low throughput situation.
So , what is the main reason that Node-B schedule UE with Zero code at those moment ?

You can find related plot in attachment.
Thanks and waiting for your answer ...37558

Hi,

Your investigation approaches is not correct. Instead of focusing in HSDPA which based on on going feedback from you there is no problem in Uu resources. Try to investigate how uplink works. Of course when Ue is not scheduled number of assigned code will be Zero. Check HS-DSCH DTX while making download and Happy bit when u are making UL . Beside if you have STS check Iub limitation factors.

Cheers

palo
2015-06-02, 07:43 PM
Hello !
May I suggest you to check the routers where transmission path goes through .
Mojiiii,you can check if anyone of the routers is in half-duplex (by mistake) .
This could cause similar behaviour .
Hope it is helpful to you !
BR/

RF engineer
2015-06-03, 02:10 PM

We had a problem in HSDPA throughput, for certain time throughput value is very low it meant it comes to 0 value and after some time the value reaches the maximum throughput. For that location CQI is very good value is around 28.RSCP for that location is -65. Ec/Io also very good range is -3 to-6. According to my investigation there is no problem in drive side.

you can find detailed report in attachment.

RNC : Nokia RU40
Core : Nokia

Dear

Had similar case but it Huawei , what been found is beyond Radio issue , it was problem on DNS and charging system where lack of IP on firewall and charging setting at certain Quote reduced the end user throughput after while .

Suggestion check with relate team what is the DNS "Success,failure,time out,server error and for Charging setting it is better to trace on specific Mobile and see how speed is going on .

BR

techfolkcmr
2015-06-03, 03:22 PM
Dear

Had similar case but it Huawei , what been found is beyond Radio issue , it was problem on DNS and charging system where lack of IP on firewall and charging setting at certain Quote reduced the end user throughput after while .

Suggestion check with relate team what is the DNS "Success,failure,time out,server error and for Charging setting it is better to trace on specific Mobile and see how speed is going on .

BR

Good reply bro. We are facing the same issue in Huawei & i am damn sure with radio part. Could you explain a bit further on which part to check like in SGSN or Router...

RF engineer
2015-06-04, 03:04 PM
Good reply bro. We are facing the same issue in Huawei & i am damn sure with radio part. Could you explain a bit further on which part to check like in SGSN or Router...

Dear

You can use wireshark and make trace on User from GGSN"UGW" to see what the result for "DNS request context numer (trace)DNS response context(trace)" then you can see the delta .

BR