PDA

View Full Version : Question Career Advice Needed

MAZ29
2015-03-25, 09:05 AM
Currently I work as senior support Engineer For Field Maintenance Teams for one the biggest operators in my country ,, before that I was also technical support Engineer for rollout teams in E******* ... I Feel so consumed and always over loaded most of the time .. I always have to make joint visits with teams to resolve chronic or obscure problems at sites , so I have to work in field and still answer all needed support calls from engineers and technicians by phone , not to mention that I get escalation mails when I don't answer phone calls on week-ends .... needless to say that my phone never stop ringing from 7 am to 10 or 11 pm and currently I get bad headaches that I never experienced before .... you can imagine the amount of phone calls asking about how to resolve hardware and bad radio performance problems from teams covering more than 1600 sites .... the salary in not bad and not good regarding the current economic situation in Egypt .. the prestige is good but the load is vicious ...... what other positions should I look for if I want to leave this position knowing that I have extended experience in E******* Equipment(RBSs , Transmission , Power.....etc . and if there's an advice about changing careers what other career do you suggest that I can make use of my experience ..........

electron
2015-03-25, 03:38 PM
Currently I work as senior support Engineer For Field Maintenance Teams for one the biggest operators in my country ,, before that I was also technical support Engineer for rollout teams in E******* ... I Feel so consumed and always over loaded most of the time .. I always have to make joint visits with teams to resolve chronic or obscure problems at sites , so I have to work in field and still answer all needed support calls from engineers and technicians by phone , not to mention that I get escalation mails when I don't answer phone calls on week-ends .... needless to say that my phone never stop ringing from 7 am to 10 or 11 pm and currently I get bad headaches that I never experienced before .... you can imagine the amount of phone calls asking about how to resolve hardware and bad radio performance problems from teams covering more than 1600 sites .... the salary in not bad and not good regarding the current economic situation in Egypt .. the prestige is good but the load is vicious ...... what other positions should I look for if I want to leave this position knowing that I have extended experience in E******* Equipment(RBSs , Transmission , Power.....etc . and if there's an advice about changing careers what other career do you suggest that I can make use of my experience ..........

Hi,

Speak to your management and explain the situation if you could convince them with evidences and facts about being overloaded then they need to extend the team or give you an assistant. If you are working for any famous vendor always there is job description and according to your contract there is working hours and principals. Stick on these points and try to prove your case initially. after on you may think to change your domain.

Cheers

MAZ29
2015-03-26, 10:14 AM
Hi,

Speak to your management and explain the situation if you could convince them with evidences and facts about being overloaded then they need to extend the team or give you an assistant. If you are working for any famous vendor always there is job description and according to your contract there is working hours and principals. Stick on these points and try to prove your case initially. after on you may think to change your domain.

Cheers

Thanks for your suggestion .. but you know that cost reduction is the new trend these days .......