PDA

View Full Version : Need to get map for simulation

Mahanoid
2009-04-19, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone!
My company make planning and optimization for wireless operators. For finish simulation we need digital maps of some country's and city's. I ask price from some map-maker company and I was very surprise, because price for city 20kmx20km is ~8000$, price for small country 50m is ~20000$! Dear experiences mans, do you have some other way to got this maps? Do this maps have any protection? may some ***** needed?

venom
2009-04-19, 06:04 PM
Hello everyone!
My company make planning and optimization for wireless operators. For finish simulation we need digital maps of some country's and city's. I ask price from some map-maker company and I was very surprise, because price for city 20kmx20km is ~8000$, price for small country 50m is ~20000$! Dear experiences mans, do you have some other way to got this maps? Do this maps have any protection? may some ***** needed?

Very bad approach man, all the materials and softwares in this forum is for the personal use, not the commercial use... it is just to have the knowledge and the understanding of the tool that are in the market. Please do not use them as a source to EARN MONEY !!!

It is really unethical and non-professional attitude, thanks !

Klaus
2009-04-19, 06:49 PM
Hello everyone!

Dear Sir, please do not discuss about comercial things in this forum.
May be I have sollution for you, PM me for details.

apo7
2009-04-19, 08:07 PM
If the map-maker company is charging too much then you should discuss with the operator on how to pass on the cost of purchasing the maps. Maybe they themselves have the maps.

Regards.

venom
2009-04-20, 12:28 AM
If the map-maker company is charging too much then you should discuss with the operator on how to pass on the cost of purchasing the maps. Maybe they themselves have the maps.

Regards.

He is talking abt his own company, means he wants to use it commercially !

mobysol
2009-04-20, 04:22 AM
Above topic remains closed, if any valid claims please contact us.

~ Moderator