PDA

View Full Version : Threats of Working in Tanzania, Please share you experience !!!!

sufianhashim
2015-01-27, 12:46 AM
Hi Folks,

I am about to get an offer in Tanzania to work as RF Engnineer, I just want from the guys to tell me, is it safe to work there. Is there any threats like saftey, health, ...etc. I am in need for any information please.

Thank you !

firstmaxim
2015-01-27, 03:09 AM
Hello, I did go to Dar Es Salaam, a few years ago, about 3 times to deliver a project. I stayed in a hotel, and I found the weather and people quite amiable. Since, I ventured out with my colleagues over there, I faced no security risk as such. However, you are cautioned, not to venture out alone. A yellow fever card, is something they insist at the airport, so it is advised to have yourself vaccinated. I am not aware of the current situation, but you could consult others as well.

tharinduwije
2015-02-02, 05:36 PM
Hi Folks,

I am about to get an offer in Tanzania to work as RF Engnineer, I just want from the guys to tell me, is it safe to work there. Is there any threats like saftey, health, ...etc. I am in need for any information please.

Thank you !

I don't see any issue in working there. Don't get carried away by exaggerated news. I'm working in Kenya as a consultant & its jzt fine.Nigeria,Congo is bad but Tanzania has no issue.

PhilipM
2015-03-20, 05:59 AM
Interesting country, a friend of mine just went there a couple of months ago. Try find a house in an "expensive" trouble free area. She has no problems so far.

bioda
2015-03-20, 07:48 PM
I don't see any issue in working there. Don't get carried away by exaggerated news. I'm working in Kenya as a consultant & its jzt fine.Nigeria,Congo is bad but Tanzania has no issue.

naaaa......Nigeria is not bad!

firstmaxim
2015-03-21, 06:00 AM
Just returned from Nigeria, after conducting a project in Northern Nigeria, in Kaduna province. I found the country pretty vibrant, and the security threats are only those encountered in the newspapers. The Nigerian folk are cordial and respectful, and I do carry good memories of my trips there.