PDA

View Full Version : SD Traffic much higher than TCH Traffic

justdream
2014-10-13, 11:50 PM
Dears,

Kindly share your experience,
I've one cell where SD Traffic is much higher than TCh Traffic (4 times)

What could this strange issue, how come customers use SD 4 times greater than TCHs?

redendo
2014-10-14, 12:19 AM
it could be a LAC border cell, also check Location update parameters (timers core side).
hope it may help

scorpion
2014-10-14, 01:37 AM
Interesting looking forward to hear the real cause..

Analyze all events related to that cell...

AhmadE
2015-02-05, 05:22 PM
It could be a boarder Cells with High Location update request,
or its overshooting Cells with high TA

Dears,

What could this strange issue, how come customers use SD 4 times greater than TCHs?

gudubettin
2015-02-05, 05:45 PM
Hello,
Don't forget to check 3G to 2G Cell Reselection parameters, each one has a Location Update

tharinduwije
2015-02-05, 08:01 PM
Using CME do a compare parameter check with another healthy same band sector.Normally this happens when you mess up with parameters.

peanut
2015-02-07, 10:36 PM
Hi,

I confirm what tharinduwije just said, i encoutered a similar case (MCC & MNC wrong configuration)

This is not a normal behavior even in border area or overshooting cases, you have for sure mess up parameters.

Please do a comparaison with a healty cell and reply back to the post.

Best regards,

AhmadE
2015-02-22, 04:13 PM
Dear,

you can increase the "Cell Re-select Hysteresis " in the boarder cells.
it could support to reduce the signaling traffic Or you can tilting the overshooting sites by checking the TA counters.

shishio
2015-02-23, 09:53 PM
Dears,

I have experienced this before, its due to the cell overshooting across a LAC boundary, increase CRH to say 12 or 14 to reduce this effect.

ventinel
2015-02-24, 06:56 AM
Hi bro,
Also Check Mean Holding Time for SDCCH. Sometimes some SDCCH TS stucks giving huge increase in MHT and Traffic. generally issue is resolved by giving reset to cell or shuffling SDCCH timeslots. You have to check if MHT is abnormal or SDCCH attempts are abnormally high. If SDCCH attempts are abnormally high then issue might be with Idle mode parameters i.e CRO or CRH.
Dears,

oswe
2015-02-25, 07:27 PM
I agree also with Irat 3g-2G config. we had signalling increases after changes in 3g.
regards