PDA

View Full Version : statistics in Google earth

punto
2009-04-12, 07:11 PM
Hi all,
I need advic or solution how to present Call Drop R values from Thematic map in MapInfo over Piano or any other similar tool in Google Earth map. So far ... for me ... MapInfo-to-Google turns all visible in MapInfo window to GoogleEarth, but not colour coded sectors (thematic map) according to some scale in Google Earth, and I want to have different colours according the values of daily/weekly statistic data to show in GE map... Has anybody success ... I did not have success with thematic maps ... I think there is easy solution, but ... yet I did not find it ..
Thanks to all who respond with SOLUTION or ADVICE.
P:)

wireless.com
2009-04-12, 10:51 PM
Hello,

Which Mapinfo version are you using? Mapinfo 9 has an embedded toll to export to Google Earth (GE). To activate this tool just follow the steps: On Mapinfo select Tools->Tool Manager and select Google Earth Connection Utility. That tool export Thematic maps and legends...

BR,

Hi all,
I need advic or solution how to present Call Drop R values from Thematic map in MapInfo over Piano or any other similar tool in Google Earth map. So far ... for me ... MapInfo-to-Google turns all visible in MapInfo window to GoogleEarth, but not colour coded sectors (thematic map) according to some scale in Google Earth, and I want to have different colours according the values of daily/weekly statistic data to show in GE map... Has anybody success ... I did not have success with thematic maps ... I think there is easy solution, but ... yet I did not find it ..

punto
2009-04-12, 11:27 PM
THX for answer !
Another question ... is it MI9 exporting it like fixed snapshot of a visible view or makes .kml file so you cannot switch on/off different sublayers , and make zoom in/out or all this said is possible ?
I do not have MapInfo 9 at hand , for the moment , but will surely try and test it by myself. Thanks for any help ! P:)

raedsab
2009-04-13, 03:47 PM
Here is another method that i use,
I first generate ESRI shape files with stats, then load the ESRI shape file in tiles2kml (http://www.tiles2kml.com/download/T2KPro.zip) and use Query builder to make stats threshold and choose the color scheme, that way i have control on how it is shown on Google Earth.

Hi all,

punto
2009-04-13, 04:00 PM
Thanks, raedsab ! :)
ESRI is very powerful, I see they have lots of adventages , but now I am focused to MapInfo solutions, so if you get an idea how to do it in MI, would be excellent if you or someone share it with us ! Punto:)

raedsab
2009-04-13, 07:41 PM
I use ESRI shape files because i can easily manipulate the associated .dbf table (You can also use ESRI .mdb Geodatabase).

Now if you can generate Mapinfo sectors files with stats embedded you can still use tiles2kml (http://www.tiles2kml.com) to generate the needed kml file to be loaded in google earth the same way i use for ESRI Shape file.
-You need to load the Vector file (.shp or .tab) in to Tiles2kml
-Choose the correct Map projection and click in Transform button
-In (Vector 2 kml Settings) choose (Classes of symbols)
-Now choose your criteria, for example if Drop Call Rate > %2 , select the color to be (Red) and the Sector Area to be (Filled+Outlined) with %50 transparency (i.e Capacity = %50)
-All stats will now be loaded in google

Thanks, raedsab ! :)
ESRI is very powerful, I see they have lots of adventages , but now I am focused to MapInfo solutions, so if you get an idea how to do it in MI, would be excellent if you or someone share it with us ! Punto:)

punto
2009-04-14, 12:41 AM
Excellent raedsab !
I see at your attach. pic exactly what I want to see !
I will test as you explained ...
Big thanks to you !
We owe you, for this nice solution !
Punto:)

punto
2009-04-20, 06:01 AM
@raedsab / thanks and thanks again !

Just to add , for all ... open vector - your MapInfo exported .mif file , because if you try to open .tab file is not working well...

Also, another question how to add the cell name or just name of the BTS site , together to statistical data in .KML shown in Google Earth ?

The SW link you gave us is very inuitive and helpfull program, yet is trial for just 10 days ... sooo, can you share us some serial n or medicine for this also ? Would be excellent !

Again and again ... Your solution is really nice and easy, thanks again !

raedsab
2009-04-20, 07:51 AM
@punta_arbe,

1-PM and i'll give you Tiles2kml medicine.
2-To show the BTS names on GE you need to generate a .MIF or .SHP point vector file with the BTS name embeded, (Search the forum , you will see a lot of mapbasic scripts to generate sites in Mapinfo format)
3-Now load the .mif/.shp file in Tiles2kml Pro
4-Select Field Name (This will appear beside each BTS)
5-Select the Icon / Label Color / Icon color
6-If you added the BTS height to the .mif/.shp file you can use the "altitude" feature to place the BTS at the real height

@raedsab / thanks and thanks again !

Just to add , for all ... open vector - your MapInfo exported .mif file , because if you try to open .tab file is not working well...

Also, another question how to add the cell name or just name of the BTS site , together to statistical data in .KML shown in Google Earth ?

The SW link you gave us is very inuitive and helpfull program, yet is trial for just 10 days ... sooo, can you share us some serial n or medicine for this also ? Would be excellent !

Again and again ... Your solution is really nice and easy, thanks again !

hassen
2009-04-20, 08:45 AM
thank you my friends I'm interested in this method for a beautiful presentation in the near future

wireless.com
2009-04-20, 11:05 PM
Hi,

Sorry but I’ve been out during the last days… MapInfo creates a KML file… That way any zoom (in or out) expand or reduce the image on Google earth… Attached you can check an simply coverage export made by MapInfo

BR,

THX for answer !
Another question ... is it MI9 exporting it like fixed snapshot of a visible view or makes .kml file so you cannot switch on/off different sublayers , and make zoom in/out or all this said is possible ?
I do not have MapInfo 9 at hand , for the moment , but will surely try and test it by myself. Thanks for any help ! P:)

IHABNSN
2009-04-28, 09:34 PM
is this tool working for 3G if so please share the how