PDA

View Full Version : qrxlevmin range

ohms_law
2014-08-12, 10:39 PM
I am setting UE parameters in an RBS6601 site. I am getting an error with the qrxlevmin setting that I am out of range @ -115 dBm. That value is in range and Element Manager will not let me set it. I can set it to -114, -116, etc, just not -115.

Is there a dependency that I am unaware of? This works in R24, but the error occurs in R29.

Thanks.

yb4in
2014-08-13, 01:33 AM
ALL is normal, depending on your LTE software Load, E******* changes the increments from 1db to 2 db increments after I think L13A for LTE/. i.e. you can only set even numbers. hope this helps

regards

juanpico
2014-08-15, 04:18 PM
qRxLevMin must be tuned to ensure that the area, where a UE can camp on a cell aligns with the area in which the network can serve the UE in a satisfactory way. Typical values are in the range of -120 dBm to -135 dBm, depending on system configuration, UE performance, inerference levels, and desired service level.

I am setting UE parameters in an RBS6601 site. I am getting an error with the qrxlevmin setting that I am out of range @ -115 dBm. That value is in range and Element Manager will not let me set it. I can set it to -114, -116, etc, just not -115.

Is there a dependency that I am unaware of? This works in R24, but the error occurs in R29.

Thanks.

frenchy
2014-08-21, 04:12 PM
as already indicated, the resolution for this parameter is 2 , so you can't set an odd number

you can check all the details of a parameter with the command: mom . nameOfTheParameter in AMOS

exeample on a L14A site

XXXX_LTE> mom . qRxLevMin

140821-09:11:31 10.0m ERBS_NODE_MODEL_E_1_63 stopfile=/tmp/12272

####################################################################################################################################
MO Class Attribute Type Flags
####################################################################################################################################
EUtranCellFDD qRxLevMin long
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The required minimum received Reference Symbol Received Power (RSRP) level in the E-UTRA frequency for cell reselection. Corresponds to parameter Qrxlevmin in 3GPP TS 36.304. This attribute is broadcast in SIB1.
Resolution: 2
Change takes effect: Immediately
Unit: dBm
Range: -140 to -44, Default=-140

ohms_law
2014-08-25, 11:35 PM
Thanks. That helps a lot, but I am getting the same error whenever I attempt to change the Channel Number in the EUtranCellFdd Managed Object.

That is, I select the action change frequency and even though I am not changing the qRxLevMin, I get the same error that qRxLevMin is out of range @ -115.

Does that make sense. How are they related? It is very frustrating as I cannot change the channel on my Radio Head because of this failure.