PDA

View Full Version : GPRS-EDGE throughput/dynamic PDCH activation

oliv1912
2014-05-30, 04:32 PM
Dear members, I am trying to understand how can I check if the Dynamic PDCH is activated or not with Huawei systems ?
Which parameter in the BSC dump, should I verify to ensure it is activated ?
I have found the parameter CHIDLHIGHTHR, Upper Threshold for CS Idle Channel Rate, When the channel is multiplexed by more than one user and the idle channel rate is above this parameter, a dynamic channel conversion request is raised. The CS idle channel rate can be calculated as follows: CS Idle channel rate = Idle cell channels for CS service/Available cell channels for CS service x 100%. Here, available cell channels refer to the number of available TCHFs or TCHHs in a cell. Idle cell channels refer to the number of the TCHFs or TCHHs that do not carry any CS service data in a cell. Two TCHHs are considered as one TCHF. When this parameter is set to "100", it is invalid. Setting this parameter to a large value other than 100 decreases the PS throughout when CS traffic is light.
Does this mean that if CHIDLHIGHTHR = 100 there is NO DYNAMIC PDCH ?
Setting this parameter to a small value increases the probability that CS services preempt PS resources when CS services burst, deteriorating the accessibility of CS services and stability of PS services. //this is contradictory shall we read "small value increases the probability that PS services preempt CS resources when PS services burst" ? //

Thanks for your support !!

RF engineer
2014-05-30, 04:56 PM
Dear

Check parameter maximum rate threshold of PDCH on cell , this define the percentage
Of traffic channel would be converted to dynamic PDCH
If no CS traffic occupy the timeslot.

BR

oliv1912
2014-05-30, 07:36 PM
Dear, thank you for your swift answer, shall I then assume the following is correct ?
I use MAXPDCHRATE =

Maximum value of the PDCH ratio in a cell. The number of available TCHs and PDCHs in a cell is set to a fixed value. The PDCH ratio is: Number of available PDCHs/(Number of available TCHFs + Number of available static PDCHs). This parameter is used to restrict the PDCH ratio.

if MAXPDCHRATE = 40, it means 40% of the TRX can be PDCH, so it means with a TRX of 8 traffic TS, 40% of the 8TS = 3TS can be PDCH, so if statics PDCH defined = 3TS then 100% are statics (no dynamic), if static PDCH defined = 1TS, then we can have 3-1 = 2 dynamic PDCH, ok for you ?

RF engineer
2014-05-30, 08:01 PM
Dear, thank you for your swift answer, shall I then assume the following is correct ?
I use MAXPDCHRATE =

Maximum value of the PDCH ratio in a cell. The number of available TCHs and PDCHs in a cell is set to a fixed value. The PDCH ratio is: Number of available PDCHs/(Number of available TCHFs + Number of available static PDCHs). This parameter is used to restrict the PDCH ratio.

if MAXPDCHRATE = 40, it means 40% of the TRX can be PDCH, so it means with a TRX of 8 traffic TS, 40% of the 8TS = 3TS can be PDCH, so if statics PDCH defined = 3TS then 100% are statics (no dynamic), if static PDCH defined = 1TS, then we can have 3-1 = 2 dynamic PDCH, ok for you ?

Dear

If MAXPDCHRATE = 40% means 40% of timeslots are Dynamic and for fixed PDCH you need to check on channel type in TRX for PDTCH if not have any of PDTCH then it means you donot have fixed one.

BR