PDA

View Full Version : outgoing call setup failure

eritelecom
2009-04-06, 06:11 PM
Hello all,

I'm analyzing a nemo drive test file where i found a high occurence of an " outgoing call setup failure" with a cause = " call rejected". however the mobile is still connected with the serving cell with a good radio condition (RxLevel = -70, Rxqual = 0).

can anyone give me an explication for the problem ?

BR

tibetan
2009-04-07, 02:24 AM
From the picture attached, you may see the failures occurred in the location where RxLev is very low, below -80 dBm. And the failure reason was reported as time-out, probably due to weak signal strength.

If your analysis tool report strong signal strength, then it maybe due to the bug in the software.

justdream
2009-04-07, 01:49 PM
what do you mean by bug in the software :confused:

sh4r3d
2009-04-07, 11:19 PM
have you checked the layer 3 messages? is there any wrong parameter?

in my opinion, Tx power from mobile station couldn't reach the BTS. In other word, you have to check the link balance between uplink and downlink.
hope it will help... thanks.

eritelecom
2009-04-08, 12:37 AM
thx for your analyze but u can find more than 10 drops where RXLEVEL = -70 and RXQUAL = 0 !!!

i didn't find any explication for that. the reason given by nemo is "call rejected".
when i investigated layer 3 msg i found that all connection steps are ok (authentication request and reply, TCH assigment, call setup complete msg, measurement reports...):confused:

tibetan
2009-04-08, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=eritelecom;44841]thx for your analyze but u can find more than 10 drops where RXLEVEL = -70 and RXQUAL = 0 !!!

i didn't find any explication for that. the reason given by nemo is "call rejected".
when i investigated layer 3 msg i found that all connection steps are ok (authentication request and reply, TCH assigment, call setup complete msg, measurement reports...):confused:[/QUOTE

With iWINDA trial version and your file, I saw the followings:
(1) Original events reported by NEMO outdoor indicated 53 call attempts (CAA), 96 CAC - call connect success (and 96!!! -- NEMO tripled actually success calls), and 3 CAF (call setup failure)

(2) With iWINDA's own GSM_WCDMA_Events, it reports the followings:
(a) 53 CS/Speech Call Start
(b) 23 Call setup success
+ 3 Setup failure
+ 27 "GSM MOC Fail -- Dialed Number Busy" (With message details: "Release by Network during setup (Cause 21--> Call rejected), TCH Assignment Done, but B-User Busy)

It looks like iWINDA gives a very clear explanation of the events

gprastomo
2009-05-27, 10:23 PM
Hi Friends,

Firstly, all drivetest methodologies should be properly followed. A number and b number should not be called by other party, and ensures the credit of the number is ok, no lack of credit, lastly dont call service center as b number.
Usually, call rejected is coming from busy on b number, you can specify on L3 messages, if it is happened the release should be normal so it shouldnt be a failure.

Then x check with the counter, if there is no problem with the statistics, so there is no problem, you should fix your dt methodology

br

Hello all,

I'm analyzing a nemo drive test file where i found a high occurence of an " outgoing call setup failure" with a cause = " call rejected". however the mobile is still connected with the serving cell with a good radio condition (RxLevel = -70, Rxqual = 0).

BR

Nemer
2009-06-23, 04:34 AM
Not always parsing layer 3 msg it is possible to see a problem. The problem can be from outside MSC, BSC.
It is possible to put Trace on this a card (it is activated on MSC). Received Logfile from phone and Trace with MSC it is loaded in Actix and look why there was such release. This information will be enough for problem definition. In your case most likely a problem from outside MSC, BSC.
Good luck.

zeeshan1982
2010-05-07, 10:12 PM
Hello all,

BR

Hi friend,
Cell is not define in core network thats why you can not make call.

kevin_h811
2010-05-08, 12:27 PM
In addition to Core definition, check the LAC and CELLID of the site if defined properly in the BSC.