PDA

View Full Version : RF ENGINEER OR TELECOM ENGINEER!!!!

RFKING
2014-04-19, 04:21 AM
hello,i have some questions.please help me 1- what is the difference between a rf engineer and telecom engineer. 2-how they are different from network engineers. 3-can a rf engineer also work in telecom or network engineering areas. please answer these questions.

Inception
2014-04-19, 10:49 PM
hi IF YOU ARE RF ENGINER MEAN THAT YOU ARE TELECOM Engineer as well ,usuall RF Engineers are working on radio network planning part but network engineers can work as planner or as optimizer ,
any engineer that is working for operator or vendor on technical side ,can be call as telecom engineer as well ,core,RAN,BSS,MCS OR CHARGING

CHEERS

RFKING
2014-04-20, 01:11 AM
thank you inception..this really helped me to understand the difference.....

ouedraogo2d
2014-05-08, 02:21 AM
1. - an RF engineer (Radio Frequency engineer) is a person with a minimum of Bachelor degree in telecommunication sciences and who is working in Radio network side with a 2G/3G/4G Operator (as Orange, MTN, Airtel, Tigo, Viettel, AT&T, Mouv) or with other company like E*******, Huawei, NSN, ZTE.
- a Telecoms engineer is a person with a minimum of bachelor degree in telecommunication sciences and who work in a Telecoms - ITC - computer sciences departement (hardware & software) of whatever company.
2. a Network engineer is mainly a person with a minimum of bachelor degree in telecommunication or computer sciences who work in telecoms - ITC - computer sciences departement of whatever company.
3. a RF engineer can work as a network engineer or as a telecoms engineer because with experience he can work in whatever telecoms field. But he must try to be polyvalent since his engineering training.

I personnaly advise you to makes your master degree in telecommunication field before to start working. It will be better for you.

If my response give you satisfaction so please give me reputation by pressing start button at your left and don't forget to write "thanks" in the white section that will appear and press on the button "add to reputation".

leetotz
2014-06-05, 06:19 PM
go for RF Engineer