PDA

View Full Version : RF ENGINEER VS SOFTWARE ENGINEER ....SALARY?

RFKING
2014-04-17, 06:12 AM
hello,can anyone tell me why the people in IT sectors have more salary than RF engineers.

ouedraogo2d
2014-05-08, 02:30 AM
Hi friend,
I thing in RF engineering, your salary cannot be hight if you are less than 3 year experience.
But after 3 years experience you can be a RF engineering consultant and your salary will be more than IT sector person salary.

Don't forget to press star button at you left and write "thanks" in white section and now press in the button "add to reputation".
Thanks!

uchok
2014-05-08, 11:37 AM
In my country it's the opposite, people working in RF has more salary then IT people.
IT people are being paid cheap here.

hello,can anyone tell me why the people in IT sectors have more salary than RF engineers.

deonskie
2014-05-13, 06:34 PM
Here in our country RF Engineer's are paid a little bit less than SOFTWARE ENGINEERS.(in a fresh graduate rate). In two years time most SE are paid better and have better benefits than RFE's. This is because SE covers a very broad aspect in IT development and Advancement and Telecoms is just a part of it meaning to say the demand for professionals for SE are bigger than that of RF's.

hope i expressed my point well

rkdrkd
2014-05-13, 10:22 PM
Here in our country RF Engineer's are paid a little bit less than SOFTWARE ENGINEERS.(in a fresh graduate rate). In two years time most SE are paid better and have better benefits than RFE's. This is because SE covers a very broad aspect in IT development and Advancement and Telecoms is just a part of it meaning to say the demand for professionals for SE are bigger than that of RF's.

hope i expressed my point well

which country are you talking about?

deonskie
2014-05-15, 01:27 PM
Php, I am actually planning to move somewhere to find better future. ^_^ but for now still training and exposing myself in every aspect of telecom world i could.

fenixchoo
2014-06-21, 11:58 AM
Hi friend,
RF starting salary is very low in my country, around USD700, fresh grad.
IT personal usually start at > USD1000.

After 5 year, both IT & RFE can be on the same level of USD2000.
Except you jump into consultant...

RF Engr
2014-06-24, 07:37 PM
In my country and few of my friends who are working even gulf they are paid less than RF consultants.
At start the salary range is almost same for RF and IT people unless you are very good software developer.
But in Networking generally after 3-5 years experience RF consultants earn more than IT network Administrators.
But i have heard that Software developer can earn almost same as RF consultant that can be around 2000 USD after 3-5 years.
Also in RF Optimization Vendor experience matters a lot.
Because specific vendor experience is required to switch jobs in telecom sector.

nelson.teixeira
2014-07-22, 08:01 PM
in fact engineer software is the one whom create a software for RF engineer work with, that might be the reason