PDA

View Full Version : LTE-EPC network planning for E*******

boring
2014-04-08, 05:38 PM
Hi,
do you have any E******* documents on LTE-EPC network planning? I'm interested in EPC and NOT radio planning.
Many thanks in advance

jbada
2014-04-09, 07:19 AM
Hi

Please revse in the forum I added a toolf for dimensioning EPC.

boring
2014-04-09, 11:42 AM
thanks jbada. i looked at your tool but i'm interested in the documents actually.

by the way, your tool is specifically for E******* or a different vendor?

jbada
2014-04-10, 12:15 AM
Hi boring,

The tool is not vendor specific but it's really easier to adapt to E******* for major indicators.

I don't have any document for this matter. I am sorry

boring
2014-04-30, 04:19 PM
Hi boring,

The tool is not vendor specific but it's really easier to adapt to E******* for major indicators.

I don't have any document for this matter. I am sorry

Hi jbada
i was looking at your tool and when you calculate the interface traffic requiremenents, i see that you multiply every message by 100+30 = 130 bytes for all S interfaces. Can you explain how you arrive at this result?
You assume a worst case message size of 100 bytes and header of 30 bytes?
Can you explain because 100 bytes looks rather small, and 30 may not be correct in case you use IPv6
thanks

jbada
2014-04-30, 10:34 PM
Hi Boring,

I am assuming that the Average Message Size is 100 bytes and Packet Overhead is 30 bytes

Hope these numbers will be clear

boring
2014-04-30, 10:44 PM
I'm OK with average message size but not totally with packet overhead since IPv4-header = 20 bytes and SCTP-header about 30 bytes, hence overhead = 50 bytes, so perhaps your tool sligtly understimates signalling traffic?

also i found some inconsistencies between number of messages per interface and actual message flows. but at any rate signalling traffic is very low during BH so this is not a major issue

thanks anyway