PDA

View Full Version : IUB - DUW - RRU What is it ??????

Mali_TR
2014-03-10, 11:28 PM
Hello

anybody could you explain me details.

What is RRU and how is work
What is DUW and How is work
What is IUB and How is work.

Thanks...:o

Melad Baher
2014-03-11, 04:01 PM
Hello

anybody could you explain me details.

What is RRU and how is work Remote radio unit and it's used when you want to install one RBS instead of 3 or 4 RBS's ( Which it's mean you can install the RBS in location and the RRU in another location and the connection by fiber cable ) , RRU = RUS or RUG the same but the first you can install far from the RBS and the second should be inside the RBS cabinet
What is DUW and How is work Digital unit WCDMA the same function as the DUG but it's used for 3G technology
What is IUB and How is work. It's also related to the 3G but i don't have enough knowledge about it sorry

Thanks...:o

mrsammr
2014-03-11, 05:45 PM
I think IUB is more or less one of the protocols that connect nodeb with rnc when it works with IP.

dekili
2014-03-12, 06:51 AM
Iub is the interface between NodeB and RNC. It is not related to IP specifically. 3gpp recommendations give nice architecture overview

I think IUB is more or less one of the protocols that connect nodeb with rnc when it works with IP.

Mali_TR
2014-03-12, 09:30 PM
Hi all

IUB OK I understand, thank you dekii / Could you help the others please ? RRU & DUW ?

Philippe
2014-03-13, 05:18 PM
RRU (or RRH Remote Radio Head) and BBU (Base Band Unit) are the 2 parts of a distributed NodeB. In a classical macro NodeB, you have boards for RF transmission and boards for signal processing. In distributed NodeB, you separate the RF transmission part (RRU) and the base band signal processing part (BBU). You keep the BBU boards in the NodeB cabinet, you put the RRU closer to the antenna on the mast or pylon, and you connect the BBU to the RRU with optical fibre. So that you have only jumpers (or short feeders) between the RRU and the antenna (less feeder loss, better coverage).

elahetal
2014-03-13, 05:24 PM
Hi all

IUB OK I understand, thank you dekii / Could you help the others please ? RRU & DUW ?

َAs mentioned before, RRU stands for remote radio unit, Radio unit as its name presents responsible for radio tasks so it depends on the frequency, if remotely used, it can be used near antenna and no feeder loss, if it is used in base station near the base band unit, we have feeder loss as well.
DUW is digital unit for WCDMA, is responsible for digital tasks and is located in base unit.

dekili
2014-03-14, 07:54 AM
Hi all

As others have already said, RRU is Remote Radio Unit. This could be seen as remote sector. Phillipe gave explanation about the macro network. For in-building systems it would be similair. You would place RRU as close as possible to the antenna and would use fiber (e.g. ION-M unit) to connect it with NodeB. This is used in concept of distributed antenna systems. In th attachment yo will find 2 files describing what is DUW and how to dimension.
Cheers

Mali_TR
2014-03-15, 11:43 PM
I understand :)

Thank you very much guys..