PDA

View Full Version : Download GSM TSM30 firmware source code for Calypso gsm chipset

onlime66
2014-01-21, 07:35 PM
The actual TSM30 firmware source (for both processors, i.e., both the Calypso and the TSM30's unknown other processor) is fully contained in the Official.zip file inside the 7z. The rest is the Windows development environment with which one can actually recompile the beastie. Unfortunately the latter is *not* simply ARM gcc/binutils under Cygwin, it appears to be some proprietary compiler toolchain native to the Windows culture. The build process is driven by DOS *.bat files, which then invoke some Windows version of make. The makefiles for the latter (usually of the *.mak form, DOS/Win-style) are mostly autogenerated from some IDE rather than human-written, and can be quite difficult to human-parse in some places.
Given that this TSM30 src has originally been leaked and publicly posted back in 2004 (I assume that's well before Om) and has been on various mirror sites for years before various FUD forces had reduced it to a hard-to-find status, I assume that many people, including some here, have had copies of it, had been familiar with it and had studied the code extensively (out of sheer curiosity if nothing else) for quite some time, much longer than I have.

onlime66
2014-01-21, 08:01 PM
next 5 parts of archive:

onlime66
2014-01-21, 08:19 PM
next 5 parts of archive:

onlime66
2014-01-21, 08:27 PM
next 5 parts of archive:

onlime66
2014-01-21, 08:33 PM
next 5 parts of archive: