PDA

View Full Version : E******* vs Huawei

Abdelbari
2013-12-09, 10:41 PM
Hi experts;

Considering your experience as RNPO Engineers, put yourself please in the place of a fresh engineer who's working for E/// (2G and 3 months renewable contract) and have the chance to work for Huawei either as internal or for an operator who'll start a massive swap project from ALU to Huawei to lunch the 3G.

It looks obvious, but I love to stay with E******* and at the same time I'm afraid to make a mistake that I'll regret later.

Your support/suggestions are very welcomed and much appreciated.

Thank you all.
BR.

RF engineer
2013-12-10, 01:08 AM
Dear

if you look to telecom market trends you will see Huawei market growing fast so chance is high but payment with Huawei compared is low .

BR

electron
2013-12-10, 02:10 AM
Definitely E/// as it is quiet steady company for market , leading technology , nice documentation for self study and grow, great working environment and respect to the engineers, higher payment, Always in demand for operators who are looking for best quality,...

Cheers
Hi experts;

Considering your experience as RNPO Engineers, put yourself please in the place of a fresh engineer who's working for E/// (2G and 3 months renewable contract) and have the chance to work for Huawei either as internal or for an operator who'll start a massive swap project from ALU to Huawei to lunch the 3G.

It looks obvious, but I love to stay with E******* and at the same time I'm afraid to make a mistake that I'll regret later.

Your support/suggestions are very welcomed and much appreciated.

Thank you all.
BR.

Abdelbari
2013-12-10, 05:31 PM
Dear

if you look to telecom market trends you will see Huawei market growing fast so chance is high but payment with Huawei compared is low .

BR

Hi,

Yes and that's what confusing me, specially in my country where Huawei won most 3G contracts. Payment is not really an issue in the beginning, all I want is a good environment to work in and to learn.

Thank you.

Abdelbari
2013-12-10, 05:41 PM
Definitely E/// as it is quiet steady company for market , leading technology , nice documentation for self study and grow, great working environment and respect to the engineers, higher payment, Always in demand for operators who are looking for best quality,...

Cheers

Hi electron;

That's exactly what's tempting me to stay with E*******... I always look for high quality in everything and as far I know and see, E******* can provide me with this better than Huawei. But unfortunately, operators are no longer looking for that.

Thank you.

alainko
2013-12-15, 07:16 AM
Hi,

So stay with E*******, you will get a much better working environment and great expertise. E// is still very strong and my guess is Hua will go down sooner or later... As you probably know they are almost banned in US and very weak in Canada... and Europe start to put pressure on operators to avoid using Chinese companies.
They are still strong in Africa and Asia so far but who knows what will happen in the futur with the next generations... HUA have a very bad reputation in term of communications and human skill... I have worked 3 times for them as RF consultant and I will never recommend this company unless if you want to work like a dog and have no social life...
Also I never fill very confortable to work for them because they always try to hide things to consultants (specially if you are not Chinese).
Good luck !

Hi,

Yes and that's what confusing me, specially in my country where Huawei won most 3G contracts. Payment is not really an issue in the beginning, all I want is a good environment to work in and to learn.

Thank you.

Abdelbari
2013-12-15, 07:09 PM
Hi,

So stay with E*******, you will get a much better working environment and great expertise. E// is still very strong and my guess is Hua will go down sooner or later... As you probably know they are almost banned in US and very weak in Canada... and Europe start to put pressure on operators to avoid using Chinese companies.
They are still strong in Africa and Asia so far but who knows what will happen in the futur with the next generations... HUA have a very bad reputation in term of communications and human skill... I have worked 3 times for them as RF consultant and I will never recommend this company unless if you want to work like a dog and have no social life...
Also I never fill very confortable to work for them because they always try to hide things to consultants (specially if you are not Chinese).
Good luck !

HUA is invading the telecom market with every possible way, I hope that the other real vendors find a solution to that and gain back their real place in market. I wish I will never be obliged to work for them but who knows, I'm in africa and they already won most 3G contracts and this for at least 7 to 8 years before launching 4G or 5G to citizens ... Hoping for better to come.

Thanks for your reply alainko :)

scorpion
2013-12-16, 12:18 AM
E******* is having Good environment but overall it is under heavy price pressure..in long term it will reduce the salary which is alrdy small now compare to 4/5 yrs
Huawei growth rate is high because it is selling cheap...but it is coming under pressure and it is already thrown out of US..may be soon from Europe too

Aidoooo
2013-12-17, 05:34 PM
I would recommend staying with E*******, as E******* are the future in Mobile networks. From what I can see from the Huawei kit it is not as good, you could cook an egg on the RF connections, and it won't last that long. Huawei have not got the experience and knowledge that E******* have in building great networks. And the customer support is just not there, I was travelling around the UK during the last year and several sites had been swapped out for Huawei and the calls were dropping everywhere and the LTE speeds were more like 3G HSDPA+. The future is LTE and E******* is miles ahead already in this market.

arjaypanganiban
2014-01-09, 05:48 PM
E******* all the way.

gulzarsingh
2014-01-13, 02:09 PM
I will suggest you to stick to E******* ...

gunpowder
2014-01-13, 11:00 PM
i hope that E******* improve their OSS :) M2000 is way better

scorpion
2014-01-14, 03:15 AM
E******* is good however some of the Huawei features never achieved by E******* and instead E/// tries to sell them as seprate solution....1. Control Plane Analyser (Signalling Analyser) - Huawei's top class2. Stats are presented in 15 Minutes interval and that too very fast where E******* takes atleast 2 hours for CS Core and...for PS Core 1 Hour.3. Quiet flexible in dimensioning...4. Easy to use MML System ..i.e. menu driven...

husam
2014-01-18, 06:20 PM
I made the switch to Huawei and its not pleasant in term of working conditions or contract respect, but i need to be objective here they are outspending E******* in R&D and invented Single RAN and ALD.. also Operators like Vodafone are not stupid to think buying cheap equipment is good they have a rigorous testing facility to ensure Huawei is of High quality.. so do not listen to stereo type.. at the end of the day they are growing and working for them is a very bad experience AND YOU WILL NOT LIKE IT AT ALL, go only on managerial level as its transferable.

Weiland86
2014-01-18, 07:57 PM
Hello,

I have worked for both companies as a fresh engineer I suggest go to Huawei In my experienced you will learn more and faster in huawei because of the work conditions ,the pressure and the tight deadlines. I have noticed most of huawei people have better technical skills than e******* ones, this is not because huawei staff is more intelligent it is just mainly because in huawei you are free to develop any competence and in e******* once you know do something you will die doing it...

BR,
Weiland

badb0ey
2014-01-22, 04:21 PM
Yes i my company we both have E******* and Huawei eqipment working and both vendors are working and sitting in our office and i can see that Hua people work under pressure and E******* people they are relaxed. So if i would switch to a vendor i would definitely pick E******* .

tomcatsniper
2014-02-07, 09:38 PM
I can say that is better with E/// than Huawei. If you want to be relaxed and learn a lot of stuff Huawei is not a good environment.

Mali_TR
2014-02-10, 01:18 AM
E******* is the best company... do not close the huawei..

ashraferto
2014-02-10, 03:01 PM
I have 3 vendors in my network, NSN , HUAWEI and E*******, the worst one is NSN, due to many bugs in their software, and the 2nd one is Huawei cause its not reflect the real user experience on the ground, Finally E\\\ is the best :)