PDA

View Full Version : Question salary / Compensation in RF tasks

icetea
2009-03-28, 02:55 AM
Dear Admin and All seniors,

Since i did'nt find such arcticle about salary / Compensation in RF tasks, let me post new thread for asking some guide / standard RF salary :

1. how much minimum compensation For fresh graduate engineer , is it depend also on country (ex. europe compensation is better than asia ??)
2. how much minimum compensation for veteran / experienced Engineers ?? , is it depend on how many years (of experience) or something else ??
3. is it true for contract base jobs the salary is bigger than permanent position ??

any comment are welcome ... :D

===================
For admin and moderator , please delete or move this thread to new one if this not properly placed. :)

for other members, please use thanks / reputation button , if u feel this thread useful for u.

rnpopt
2009-03-28, 08:28 AM
from my point of view ...

1.it is normal that salary will be different in different companies(like different Vendors or different operators).And from country to country of course salary will vary,.....as life style(expenses) r not same for each country.......like in asia and europe r different........u have to compare those.

2.For the Experts,1st of all, I can say that, Salary depends on your years of experiences. more exp. more ur expectation and demand..:)
Also from country to country salary differ, in Africa u may get more salary then like EU or Asia...........or think about some special country like Iraq or Afganistan :) where u may get huge offer (as life risk concerns there :()................
I guess salary is comparely lowest in Asia...........

3.Yes...contractual Job(as an expat) normally should have much higher salary then the pemanent.

Since i did'nt find such arcticle about salary / Compensation in RF tasks, let me post new thread for asking some guide / standard RF salary :

1. how much minimum compensation For fresh graduate engineer , is it depend also on country (ex. europe compensation is better than asia ??)
2. how much minimum compensation for veteran / experienced Engineers ?? , is it depend on how many years (of experience) or something else ??
3. is it true for contract base jobs the salary is bigger than permanent position ??

any comment are welcome ...

===================
For admin and moderator , please delete or move this thread to new one if this not properly placed.

for other members, please use thanks / reputation button , if u feel this thread useful for u.

bikplaboi
2009-03-28, 10:39 AM
Just a suggestion if someone can upload sample employment contracts for a country in asia, middle east, americas and europed etc with experience range in years etc

For example RF Engineer with minimum 2 years experience? What standard hire rate
RF Engineer with 3 years experience? What standard hire rate?
RF Engineer with 4 years experience? What standard hire rate?
RF Engineer with 5 years experience? What standard hire rate?

So those who have old contracts lying about can upload then all RF Engineers on this forum will have a fair idea of what the market rates are like in various regions.

Thanks,:D

any comment are welcome ... :D

===================
For admin and moderator , please delete or move this thread to new one if this not properly placed. :)

ghassen
2009-03-28, 05:36 PM
i was contracted for 200 euro per day in afghanistan :( i think it's low this our compagny limit europeen guys can expect up to 600 or 500 euro or more per day but this info i can't confirm it

apo7
2009-03-29, 11:53 AM
i was contracted for 200 euro per day in afghanistan :( i think it's low this our compagny limit europeen guys can expect up to 600 or 500 euro or more per day but this info i can't confirm it

How's the working condition there?

wahy03
2009-03-29, 12:16 PM
from 200 euro perday, it will be 4400 euro per month if working day is 22 days. So the salary is low than average salary . How about accomodation, etc? it's include or exclude?

tanbao
2009-03-29, 02:26 PM
in our country, the salary is very low than you posted :(

wahy03
2009-03-29, 02:52 PM
which country do you work, tanbao?

justdream
2009-03-29, 04:20 PM
Another question guys,

Some companies for (short term project), asking you to travel without working permit as it takes long time to get the working permit.....

So accroding from your experience, does it safe or dangerous to work abroad without working permit? especially if your work will require going out........!!!!!!!!

What do you see?

rnpopt
2009-03-29, 07:11 PM
its tough to get work permit in most of the countries and also it tooks much time to get this.......
So if your contract is for short duration.......u can work with tourist/business visa or with residense permition........
but for long term contract(like more then 6 month) u sud work with work permit...
In Some countries u may face problem if u work without work visa.....
But I suggest u to get the work permit if u/ur agent can arrange this as this is safest and legal..to work :)

Another question guys,

Some companies for (short term project), asking you to travel without working permit as it takes long time to get the working permit.....

So accroding from your experience, does it safe or dangerous to work abroad without working permit? especially if your work will require going out........!!!!!!!!

What do you see?

icetea
2009-03-29, 11:44 PM
its tough to get work permit in most of the countries and also it tooks much time to get this.......
So if your contract is for short duration.......u can work with tourist/business visa or with residense permition........
but for long term contract(like more then 6 month) u sud work with work permit...
In Some countries u may face problem if u work without work visa.....
But I suggest u to get the work permit if u/ur agent can arrange this as this is safest and legal..to work :)

i agree with blue bold text ..... (but if the company hired you don't privide u with working permit (for cost saving reason for example, what can u do ?? )

another question guys,

1. Why the Main company (ex. E*******, Nokia , Vodafone , etc) seems enjoy with engineer they get from outsourcing company (like tangent ,etc) ?? - it's harder to get job directly from them (main company)
2. I guess if we can job direct without agency company , we can get better salary ... :D, is it true ??

icetea
2009-03-29, 11:50 PM
So .... is there any standard for RF engineer ??

example :
1. E******* -> Drive Test Eng -> Africa -> 6000 USD / month (nett)
2. Nokia -> optimization eng -> Africa -> 12000 USD / month (nett)

any info about this ?? or all is depent on salary negotiation ?? :p:(

rnpopt
2009-03-30, 12:12 AM
As I know many expats r working in overseas for contarct job without work permit.....they managed to come by tourist visa, business visa...bla bla......
so if u can manage tourist or business visa (yes ..agent may not try for work permit for cost saving :))....u sud take the opportunity for the job.

May b the main companies dont want to go to through the hassle or dont want to waste their time in recruiting :).......so they give this work to the agent....

Direct job with the main company, salary sud be more (as if u r recruited by a agent, ur agent get some percentage of money from ur salary/they give u less what the main company give to them for u..........this is their business...i guess gud business..he he)

if u have proper channel/frnd/colg/big boss........to the main company u can try direct :) gud luck brother.......U know getting telecom job depends on proper link....the more ppl u know the more possibility to get job there:p

again gud luck

i agree with blue bold text ..... (but if the company hired you don't privide u with working permit (for cost saving reason for example, what can u do ?? )

another question guys,

1. Why the Main company (ex. E*******, Nokia , Vodafone , etc) seems enjoy with engineer they get from outsourcing company (like tangent ,etc) ?? - it's harder to get job directly from them (main company)
2. I guess if we can job direct without agency company , we can get better salary ... , is it true ??

adedia
2009-03-30, 09:33 AM
Interesting topics..

Well first about permanent or contracts

Usually contract jobs will pay higher than permanent since it's naturally project based, high risk and you'll lose what you call "jobs security". It means that you don't know after your contract duration whether you'll get extended or even worse you'll be terminated before your contract ends.. After that it's highly possible to sit without jobs for several months..
Another reason why it's higher because it's likely you'll leave your family behind on your home country due to visa issue and it's also expensive to bring yours..

And if you take overseas opportunity mostly you r required to train local staff so your contract will ends since the local staff will eventually developed. Sometimes you get surprised of the local staff knowledge..

About salaries..
In europe as a contractor usually you'll get paid 2.5x local staff salaries.. Depending on your experience... And the salaries trend are going down since many guys with lack of experience are willing to take lower salaries without considering the risk and because of the economic global downturn...

The rules stay the same in other region, so you can expect a lower salary if you work in asia region for example. Since the living cost there are cheap.

About agency or direct..
If you work outside mostly you'll work under agency. The reason due to it's usually based on project. Operator will pays vendor upon finishing the projects. Vendor will also pay agency late after project finish. but you as a consultant will paid regularly in monthly basis. So temporarily agency will use their money to pay the consultant.

Unless you're in your home country it's difficult to work directly under vendor.. And even if you managed to work directly under vendor (permanent) your salary will follow local staff salary.. So you'll be paid less.. Back to 2.5x rules above.

justdream
2009-03-30, 04:43 PM
so what's the best answer, regarding the famous recruiter's question:

what's your expected salary????
Really, this question is so important especially for people who live in poor countries as any salary in Dollars and Euros
will be very high for them ..... .....

icetea
2009-03-30, 05:00 PM
so what's the best answer, regarding the famous recruiter's question:

what's your expected salary????

mmmmm .. i have no idea ... :confused:

at my company .... there is standard salary ... for "fresh from the oven" engineer .. and there is no veteran engineer (from external company) ... my company always use fresh and training engineer from "zero" ...

so, any veteran engineer can answer this simple question ??

ghassen
2009-03-30, 06:18 PM
How's the working condition there?

you have to fullfill security conditions and the conditions are very worst there the rate including accomodation so you have to take only your salary on your pocket and pay for nothing else during my stay there was two bomb attack

tanbao
2009-03-30, 11:41 PM
which country do you work, tanbao?

Dear my friend,

Vietnam

justdream
2009-04-03, 03:52 AM
So .... is there any standard for RF engineer ??

example :
1. E******* -> Drive Test Eng -> Africa -> 6000 USD / month (nett)
2. Nokia -> optimization eng -> Africa -> 12000 USD / month (nett)

any info about this ?? or all is depent on salary negotiation ?? :p:(

Dear icetea,
what's your reference? i mean are you sure that these numbers are right? (I wish :D)
Thanks

apo7
2009-04-04, 05:51 PM
For those who have experience working oversea, how do you get recruited? Do they normally recruit experience engineers or is it possible for junior engineer to get recruited? Are they vendor specific (ie. if you have experience in E*******, then they will not hire you for Nokia jobs :L)?

Thank you.

slavun
2009-05-14, 07:40 PM
Interesting page about salary rates. A little bit outdated but informative.
http://www.intelliallcom.com/servicerates.htm

ghassen
2009-05-14, 08:03 PM
from 200 euro perday, it will be 4400 euro per month if working day is 22 days. So the salary is low than average salary . How about accomodation, etc? it's include or exclude?

accomodation is included

triple-x
2009-05-16, 06:57 AM
in our country, the salary is very low than you posted :(

what's your country?

mbouchamekh
2009-05-16, 09:18 PM
all right, thx for this all informations

br

Parulian
2009-05-29, 07:33 PM
I think this one depend on any factor :
1. User (Pay per month, week, day)
2. Agent (charge by agent)
3. Country (safe or not)
4. The most important (experiences)

any agent sometimes late for pay

justdream
2009-05-29, 07:58 PM
any agent sometimes late for pay

Always late and delay for pay, I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate all of them :mad:

apollo13
2009-07-23, 01:56 AM
By my experience this is how works:

Daily rate per region: USA >= AFRICA >= EUROPE > MIDDLE EAST > SOUTH-AMERICA = ASIA

But always depends on your experience. It depends not only on years of experience but also on Equipment (Nokia, Siemens, E*******, Alcatel, Huawei, ********, etc) on technology (2G/3G/Wimax etc..) and on the role (RF, Optim, Team Leader, Project Manager, Drive Tester, O&M, Core, etc..).

Everything is market dependent. The greater the offer the lower the price. So, some places like Asia, have lots of people who knows very well E******* equipment and consequently the salary over there will be lower for E******* when compared to Alcatel or NSN in the same location.

Also, some Vendors are well known to pay less (e.g. Huawei).

The Agencies are different too. Some takes care of the Consultants, others are only interested on their profit. But as a rule of thumb I can say that the difference between your salary using an Agency or your salary working straight to the client is more or less 2K to 4K USD.

Best regards,:)

justdream
2009-07-23, 07:28 AM
The Agencies are different too. Some takes care of the Consultants, others are only interested on their profit.

You gave me a good idea to discus together, can you guys give name for good and bad agents, just from your personal points of view

I wish this post doesn't face any problem with our forum roles

eyaOpti_guy
2009-07-23, 09:55 AM
It is a good idea to rate agenciec according to several criterias e.g. payment, delay, services, visa, etc..

MRO3
2011-01-01, 12:57 AM
how much salary is proper for drive test coordination with customer
to guide drive testers on the field by phone .
making reports for customer
in ME?

Ericsson_RND
2011-01-01, 01:48 AM
In our country Iraq, there are three operators and four famous vendors (********, E*******, NSN and Huawei), I worked in GSM field and found that the vendors are paying salary higher that the operators, but in the vendors you will not get the assurance issue that will be benefit to you in the future in case you aimed to work with governmental side because the operators have some agreements with the government related to the license issue.
Another thing the salary for the expat is always higher than the local staff even the years of experience.
Finally from my experience you should change your work from vendors to operators and vice versa in order to get more knowledge with different equipments’ which led to increase your salary because of the variety in the GSM fields.

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

soodlhor
2011-04-09, 04:13 AM
In our country Iraq, there are three operators and four famous vendors (********, E*******, NSN and Huawei), I worked in GSM field and found that the vendors are paying salary higher that the operators, but in the vendors you will not get the assurance issue that will be benefit to you in the future in case you aimed to work with governmental side because the operators have some agreements with the government related to the license issue.
Another thing the salary for the expat is always higher than the local staff even the years of experience.
Finally from my experience you should change your work from vendors to operators and vice versa in order to get more knowledge with different equipments’ which led to increase your salary because of the variety in the GSM fields.

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

I heard that some operator in IRAQ can pay you 30000 a month, Is it truth?

harrypotter
2011-04-09, 04:58 AM
I worked in Africa (Nigeria) for two years as an expat. For operators this vary, but they include transportation, house, cook, house stewards and if you have a family and children, they will your children to international school. For the salary not that low and not that too high and again it depends on your experience and expertise.

adewijaya
2011-04-09, 09:09 AM
Have you range of salary, if you mean not too low and too high?;)

alitomtom
2011-04-10, 09:57 PM
I think depond on the country and experience

dane_2k2
2011-04-10, 11:14 PM
In the philippines, The salary is very low compared to others that's why they go out for these reason. But I bet you Filipino engineers are brilliant and talented.

Ericsson_RND
2011-04-11, 02:44 AM
I heard that some operator in IRAQ can pay you 30000 a month, Is it truth?

Dear Soodlhor;

30000 is too much to be pai by the operator even the title is CTO, many be the vendo will pay around 15000 $ monthly for some positions.

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

harrypotter
2011-04-11, 04:44 AM
I agree with you Dane. In Africa, mostly all vendors hire Filipino consultant and engineers, also of course other nationalities as well.

zakiuddin
2011-04-11, 02:02 PM
Practically speaking, here is a salary structure that should be acceptable:

1-2 years Experience, Pay around 2k to 4k USD (yes, even on Expat)
For experience 4 to 7 years, salary is 4K to 7K, 4years=4k, 5years=5k etc

for experience more than 7 years, you may land around 7 to 10k and thats it...

Yes there are exceptions, depending upon the clients budget, the recruiter may settle for +2k USD from the standard range.

mail2paturi
2011-04-11, 03:42 PM
Dear All,

Currently iam working in India as a Senior RF engineer in Idea cellular (2G) in planning and optimization team on ZTE equipment.Having overall of 5+ experience and in RF 3.5+ of experience. so can i get any good reference from every one as iam much willing to work in abroad for a year or two.

Need all ur suggestions and references so that i can be helpful for me in finding a suitable job.

dane_2k2
2011-04-11, 08:48 PM
I agree with you Dane. In Africa, mostly all vendors hire Filipino consultant and engineers, also of course other nationalities as well.

Thanks Harrypotter, do you know an agency/company that hire an O&M or implementation engineer? please email me at dane_2k2@yahoo.com

I am working for more than five years now specializing in e******* BTS/tx, alcatel BTS/tx, marconi sdh and ceragon sdh. I really want to experience working abroad.

nieckyz
2011-04-19, 07:06 PM
I think we can say exact rate we can get, since agent or company will see :
1. Country will hire us
2. Origin country (since salary rate in origin country will effect how much we will be paid)
3. Experience (this is main factor)
4. Assignment (of course..)
5. vendor and project
6. Negotiate Ability (since agent/company will reduce cost as much as possible, than negotiation is te important factor before we sign the contract)

justdream
2011-05-14, 07:48 PM
what's the difference between overseas permanent and contract opportunties?

I think overseas, there's not permanent opportunites, am I right?

capcipcup
2011-05-27, 05:17 PM
what's the difference between overseas permanent and contract opportunties?

I think overseas, there's not permanent opportunites, am I right?

it depends on your skills and luck as well i guess :D

bust3r_0611
2011-06-12, 06:51 PM
does anyone can help me find a job as an rf engineer abroad. i just have less than a year of experience on IBS

Motorola
2011-06-12, 07:07 PM
Dear Soodlhor;

30000 is too much to be pai by the operator even the title is CTO, many be the vendo will pay around 15000 $ monthly for some positions.

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

I do not find it far fetched, bear on mind it is a high risk country and chances to get killed there are very high, therefore not many experts are willing to work there even for much bigger amounts.

testtest
2012-04-09, 02:07 AM
Hi guys type in your salaries if you are a RF optimization consultant .

eng.akhalifa
2012-04-09, 05:36 AM
dears,
please no one speaks about salaries :( after seeing the salaries here i think in Egypt we are working as office boys in telecommunication field in any other country ;)
i am working as a team leader for (DT and post processing) and 2G optimization (6 month experience) and my salary is 900 USD per month.

kiemkhach86
2012-04-10, 11:42 PM
It depends on the country and Region, when you are contractor make sure they pay the perdiem (cover you living expense, foods and transportation)

kiemkhach86
2012-04-10, 11:46 PM
In the US, fresh graduate RF Engineer around 45-50K/per year, it vary by different companies

usama0795
2012-08-01, 06:06 PM
but the main problem now a days i think u cant trust the recruiters....i mean i have done contracting in Iraq and I am in Africa now and the I was getting more dollars then a Expat Manager we were both getting alot but i was getting a bit more :) and I do think that paticular recuriting company was charging alot more for that paticular manager but the point is its more about how u negotiate and u can really put ur foot down if u have a strong reference in the hiring party......in addition rates have really come down bcuz of more and more people going for contracting.....

p.s....i also think its an operator strategy in Asia and someone needs to take notice of the very low salary packages i mean if u can have so much high salaries in Africa with not that much traffic....Asian countries with such huge mobile market and penetration they should revise there salary structure really sucks but how could they since all the money is going to make the management guys fatter and fatter :) and the real hardworking guys who study and improve the actual customer perception are loosing weight day by day......

evagtf@yahoo.fr
2012-09-28, 05:42 PM
Hi
I worked in the Gabon for the Vendor who paid me $180 pr day nett

but the main problem now a days i think u cant trust the recruiters....i mean i have done contracting in Iraq and I am in Africa now and the I was getting more dollars then a Expat Manager we were both getting alot but i was getting a bit more :) and I do think that paticular recuriting company was charging alot more for that paticular manager but the point is its more about how u negotiate and u can really put ur foot down if u have a strong reference in the hiring party......in addition rates have really come down bcuz of more and more people going for contracting.....

p.s....i also think its an operator strategy in Asia and someone needs to take notice of the very low salary packages i mean if u can have so much high salaries in Africa with not that much traffic....Asian countries with such huge mobile market and penetration they should revise there salary structure really sucks but how could they since all the money is going to make the management guys fatter and fatter :) and the real hardworking guys who study and improve the actual customer perception are loosing weight day by day......

senjamir
2012-09-28, 09:22 PM
Hi,

I've been working abroad for 3 years now and my salary depends on the COST of living of a country. In Asia since the basic need is cheap the salary will be less compared to Africa and Europe.

Im a permanent overseas worker. My company will find a project for me and assign me to different country where they get manage service.

Br,
Sen

chenchunle
2012-10-06, 03:56 AM
In Asia, now subcon get less than 1500 Doller left