PDA

View Full Version : E******* Power Control 2g ll Need Expert support ll BTS dynamic PC is not working

beniy
2013-11-19, 03:40 AM
Dear E******* Experts,
We have G10B high density BSC and last week I understood that Dynamic BTS Power control is not working in one BSC based on MRR and DT.
But Dynamic MS Power control is working.

I checked BSC AXE paremetr "BTSPWRCTRL" that was ok, and Cell level usual Power control is also enable.

Please let me know what else is wrong? As we are working as Subcontractor of Operator We do not haveE******* support in this case.

Please support me with your kind advices.
Thanks and rep in advance for your all supports.

Thanks
BR,
Beniy

shahram
2013-11-19, 07:17 AM
hi,
I haven't experienced this before,
BTW
perhaps you checked the DBPSTATE in cell level is ok?
check the availability of license key file in the BSC also,
also check the compatibility of RBS sw version,

BR
Shahram

beniy
2013-11-20, 08:26 PM
Everything related to usual power control is fine and same as the other BSCs even cell level

electron
2013-11-20, 09:39 PM
Share Snapshot from MRR related to Power shapes .Something is illogical.

Cheers
Everything related to usual power control is fine and same as the other BSCs even cell level

Optimustron
2013-11-22, 01:59 PM
<p>
Did you check all AXEPARS?, you told us that you check BTSPWRCTRL, but did you check AMRPWRCTRL too, both of them are from SETNAME CME20BSCF, and of course at cell level parameter AMRPCSTATE. I&nbsp;hope this can help you, best regards,</p>

auto_art
2013-11-22, 02:55 PM
Dear E******* Experts,
We have G10B high density BSC and last week I understood that Dynamic BTS Power control is not working in one BSC based on MRR and DT.
But Dynamic MS Power control is working.

I checked BSC AXE paremetr "BTSPWRCTRL" that was ok, and Cell level usual Power control is also enable.

Please let me know what else is wrong? As we are working as Subcontractor of Operator We do not haveE******* support in this case.

Please support me with your kind advices.
Thanks and rep in advance for your all supports.

Thanks
BR,
Beniy

can you share the CNA export for some cells ??

beniy
2013-11-23, 02:05 AM
Dears,
AMRPWRCTRL and AMRPCSTATE are also active.
as you can see MS dynamic PC is working but BTS dynamic is not working.and there is no BTS power reduction!!! It means there is no command to degrade the POwer, For the other BSCs that's OK.

It should be BSC level because with same CNA scripts of cells when we brought a site in this BSC it did not work but when we brought in the other BSC it worked like as a charm!!!

Optimustron
2013-11-27, 03:24 AM
Did you check QLENDL, SSLENDL, REGINTDL & UPDWNRATIO, REGINTDL must be 1 in order to make the up regulation quick in bad quality situations and QLENDL=SSLENDL=3 for a good up regulation, UPDWNRATIO= 200 or 300 depending on how long you need the down regulation. Another thing you need to check BSPWRMIN, set that to BSPWRMINN = 20 because E******* in the documentation have this:

Note, it is not recommended to limit the down regulation with the parameter BSPWRMIN. If used, the parameter will seriously limit the regulation towards interference and also introduce a delay in the regulation algorithm. Instead it is recommended to use a more restrictive parameter setting.

If all of this is OK, the you have a software BUG or is a new parameter, however I check that and the only difference is: Support for Reduced Power Level After Handover is introduced, in ALEX you can find that:
3.4 Reduced Power Level After Handover
When the optional feature Reduced Power Level After Handover is active in downlink, the behavior of Dynamic BTS Power Control is modified. The purpose with the changed behavior is to avoid that the BTS always is ordered to use maximum configured output power immediately after a successful channel change. Two areas are addressed to facilitate this:

Initial power to be used on the target channel immediately after a successful channel change
Initiation of signal strength and quality filters in Dynamic BTS Power Control for the target channel

Reduced Power Level After Handover is for Dynamic BTS Power Control activated/deactivated on cell level using the commands RLBRI/RLBRE.
Reduced Power Level After Handover supports inter-BSC handover if the feature is activated in both source and target BSC.
3.4.1 Initial power on target channel after a successful channel change
The initial power to be used on the target channel immediately after a successful handover/intra-cell handover is calculated utilizing information regarding BTS down regulation on the originating channel prior to the channel change, the operator settable parameter BSRPWROFFSET as well as some additional information regarding the target channel/cell. The fundamental formula used is:
Initial down regulation target channel = down regulation originating channel – BSRPWROFFSET

I hope this can help you, best regards,

auto_art
2013-11-27, 01:01 PM
kindly share CDD so i can match it with ours..

Darko
2013-11-30, 03:31 AM
Reduced Pwr after Ho apply only to mobility, it's not related to power control during normal dedicated mode.

Did you check QLENDL, SSLENDL, REGINTDL & UPDWNRATIO, REGINTDL must be 1 in order to make the up regulation quick in bad quality situations and QLENDL=SSLENDL=3 for a good up regulation, UPDWNRATIO= 200 or 300 depending on how long you need the down regulation. Another thing you need to check BSPWRMIN, set that to BSPWRMINN = 20 because E******* in the documentation have this:

Note, it is not recommended to limit the down regulation with the parameter BSPWRMIN. If used, the parameter will seriously limit the regulation towards interference and also introduce a delay in the regulation algorithm. Instead it is recommended to use a more restrictive parameter setting.

If all of this is OK, the you have a software BUG or is a new parameter, however I check that and the only difference is: Support for Reduced Power Level After Handover is introduced, in ALEX you can find that:
3.4 Reduced Power Level After Handover
When the optional feature Reduced Power Level After Handover is active in downlink, the behavior of Dynamic BTS Power Control is modified. The purpose with the changed behavior is to avoid that the BTS always is ordered to use maximum configured output power immediately after a successful channel change. Two areas are addressed to facilitate this:

Initial power to be used on the target channel immediately after a successful channel change
Initiation of signal strength and quality filters in Dynamic BTS Power Control for the target channel

Reduced Power Level After Handover is for Dynamic BTS Power Control activated/deactivated on cell level using the commands RLBRI/RLBRE.
Reduced Power Level After Handover supports inter-BSC handover if the feature is activated in both source and target BSC.
3.4.1 Initial power on target channel after a successful channel change
The initial power to be used on the target channel immediately after a successful handover/intra-cell handover is calculated utilizing information regarding BTS down regulation on the originating channel prior to the channel change, the operator settable parameter BSRPWROFFSET as well as some additional information regarding the target channel/cell. The fundamental formula used is:
Initial down regulation target channel = down regulation originating channel – BSRPWROFFSET

I hope this can help you, best regards,