PDA

View Full Version : FACH MAX Allowed Users - Huawei

P.T.E.
2013-10-03, 04:27 AM
Dears,

Does any one switched on "FACH Allowed Max 60 Users Switch" on CAC Algorithm.

If yes what was the drawbacks, does it affect CDR, and/or accessibility, and was the improvements.

BR,

rfsupp
2013-10-10, 05:17 AM
Accessibility gots much better of course and in that case no other issues was noticed. You can even turn off the user limit.

sabila
2013-10-25, 05:51 PM
offcourse effect on accesibility,
the other is locatio update
and the most important if u call B number in congested fach they may be got answer your number is notactive in the first call
and try again then succes,

btw @brother rfsupp how to turn off the user limit
in which command we can set it

many thanks

jenriqp
2013-10-26, 05:21 AM
Hi P.T.E. (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?77696-P-T-E) ,

Can you help me please how to active "FACH Allowed Max 60 Users Switch" I would like to see if that improves my network in Accessibility.

Thank you

agenov
2013-10-27, 03:03 AM
Hi Sabila,

I am wondering how this affects Accessibility? can you please provide some more details? if you increase the number of FACH users so to reduce the congestion this lead to PS drop due to Reset from the other side because of more users admitted. Normally if you have fach congestion there some other preventive measurements you can do like add second fach, some features activation and so on.

sabila
2013-10-28, 07:57 AM
@jenriqp
you can activate this parameter on SET UCACALGOSWITCH part CacSwitch
FACH_60_USER_SWITCH (Switch for Allowing a Maximum of 60 UEs Carried on the FACH): Whether a maximum of 60 or 30 UEs can be carried on the FACH. When this switch is turned on, a maximum of 60 UEs can be carried on the FACH. When this switch is turned off, a maximum of 30 UEs can be carried on the FACH

Turning on this switch enables more UEs to be carried on the FACH. This alleviates resource congestion on the DCH but increases the probability of common channel congestion
if common channel congestion raise then can add SCCPCH

P.T.E.
2014-09-24, 02:07 AM
Thanks for all of you guys,

switching on "FACH_60_USER_SWITCH" leads to noticed improvement but from my little experience it is preferred to add second SCCPCH and to expand SCCPCH B.W over Iub.

regarding "FACH_USER_NUM_NOT_CTRL" I'm planing to try this switch which allow unlimited FACH user number on certain cell, but I have concern about FACH congestion which will lead again to high PS Drop. if any one already try this switch please share your experience with us :)

BR,

qaqa
2014-10-12, 10:22 AM
Hello,

before activating the FACH_60 users or the Unlimited FACH you should think about possible FACH congestions. this could have a dramatic effect especially for FACH_60 as it is an RNC level. Prefered action will be the Unlimited FACH as it is a cell level change. To overcome this issue an additional suggestion is to reduce your 4A event (FACH to DCH) to a value less or equal to 512.