PDA

View Full Version : Remote RF Planning/Optimization project ?

alainko
2013-09-23, 02:07 AM
Dear all, Is some of you already worked remotely on some projects ?
If yes what kind of work is it ?
Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Alan

jbada
2013-09-23, 10:38 PM
Hi, I was working remotely for a RFQ Evaluation. It is very difficult to find jobs remotely due the clients want the people on site

alainko
2013-09-24, 12:45 AM
Thank you for your answer, yes I know it s not easy to find a job remotely but more and more projects are outsourced now so I am wondering what kind of task can be done remotely base on people experience... I did also frequency planing some years ago remotely but as you said the client like to have people of site so usually it is necessary to send somebody on site as well.

Hi, I was working remotely for a RFQ Evaluation. It is very difficult to find jobs remotely due the clients want the people on site

TelcoConsultant
2013-09-26, 03:11 PM
Hello Alainko,
In theory, everything apart from DT can be done remotely. I have been involved in a few different remote projects.

- Optimization with OSS based PM solutions. In that project, the raw PM files were being FTPed to a remote server and the team in remote location created CRs for optimization. All the CRs were being reviewed by a local supervisor but most of the jobs were being done remotely. It worked pretty well. The CRs were mostly pwr, tilt and neighbour relation/addition. Simply said, the remote team used to work exactly they were being in another office.

- Another project quite similar: remote office had VPN access to local CSP and they were working in parallel with the local team. The structure was a bit different here, the team were being circulated so it was only a change of office. The remote office were doing the exact local jobs, this system having better colloboration.

If you are considering to work from home (even though I find it nearly impossible to find an operator to let this) remote access is the only thing you need. Then you will have access to all the tools etc, I believe it is pretty same being in the office...

Hope this helps...

alainko
2013-09-28, 09:16 PM
Thank you Telcoconsultant for sharing your experience :) yes I am agree "technicaly" working remotely is not an issue at all (apart from DT), but I was more wondering if some RF consultant already managed to get some jobs to do RF/planning/optim remotely from home at least part time.
On many projects DT reports after site integration are outsourced to subco and I think this job can be done from everywhere once the process is set up and running well... I seen that on one project in North America, but yes you are right in many cases the operator does not let them... It s why is more applicable when you work for a vendor or subco I think.