PDA

View Full Version : RLC & application layer throughput

eritelecom
2009-03-18, 03:10 AM
hello,

this new thread is aimed to start a session of 3G and HSPA optimization tips. by sharing knowldge we can go ahead but i see in this forum, a big part of members look for profiting from shared docs and tools without mind about others. thus, it will be more better to help each other in facing sophisticated problems, especially in 3G as a new domain.
the last once i posted a thread about difference between RLC throughput and application layer throughput and why we get sometimes: application layer throughput higher than RLC throughput which is logicaly impossible.
however, i didn't receive any reply. the same form many other posts.
thx to be more helpfull to make more profeesionel our forum;)

DOOM2007
2009-03-18, 04:47 PM
Hi
as you said the RLC throughput should be higher than the application throughput.

can you please share whith us the snapshot
or answer this question
how did you measured the application throughput or with which software???

for me to measure the application throughput I use the command sequence in tems with an internal server

thanks

eritelecom
2009-03-18, 06:23 PM
hi friend,

i attthed the snapshot where i get RLC throughput lower than application layer throughput !
thx to give me explication about that.

BR:)http://www.monsterup.com/image.php?url=upload/1237368573.jpg

DOOM2007
2009-03-24, 07:12 PM
realy Its strange ,it should be a bug
try to use the latest patch for tems investigation 9.0,may be they have corrected this error
tems investigation is not perfect:)

thanks

waleed
2009-05-27, 01:30 PM
dears,

i wanted to know the information element or chart in tems which measure HSDPA throughput for HTTP task
i thinked that it is RLC Throughbut but i reported that it is wrong

gprastomo
2009-05-27, 03:03 PM
Hi,

Actually it is impossible, RLC throughput should be higher than application, coz RLC is combined between RF protocol and internet protocol, while the application is part of the internet protocol. CMIIW.
Some application could be merged in to 1 RLC so almost impossible that RLC is less than App. But the one that could be the same is PPP throughput.
See attahced picture.

br

hello,

this new thread is aimed to start a session of 3G and HSPA optimization tips. by sharing knowldge we can go ahead but i see in this forum, a big part of members look for profiting from shared docs and tools without mind about others. thus, it will be more better to help each other in facing sophisticated problems, especially in 3G as a new domain.
the last once i posted a thread about difference between RLC throughput and application layer throughput and why we get sometimes: application layer throughput higher than RLC throughput which is logicaly impossible.

gprastomo
2009-05-27, 04:33 PM
hi Punta_arbe,

I have upload in new thread

br

xinyups2
2009-09-10, 10:27 AM
hello,

From the MS point of view, for user data transmission: app-sndcp-llc-rrc/mac-phy layer.So application layer throughput higher than RLC throughput which is logicaly impossible.

If you find the APP throughput is much lower than the RRC/LLC throughput, there is always a high retransmission rate and much more dummy control signalling message.

koling
2010-10-26, 06:39 PM
From the MS point of view, for user data transmission: app-sndcp-llc-rrc/mac-phy layer.So application layer throughput higher than RLC throughput which is logicaly impossible.

If you find the APP throughput is much lower than the RRC/LLC throughput, there is always a high retransmission rate and much more dummy control signalling message.

===
Hi, i also got problem, it is similar.
our network has low RLC (75 kbps) but in MCS-9, no congest in PDCH, no hardware problem, but retransmission is high. Deviation within DL RLC and App is very high it is around 40 kbps.
Please anyone know how to find out this, why low throghput occupied in MCS-9 and also gap within RLC and App is so high. thx very much