PDA

View Full Version : difference between RXMIN & RXLEVACCMIN(Huawei 2G BSC6900)

Osman Nayeem
2013-07-04, 07:56 PM
Dear all,

Can any one please help me to understand the difference of this two parameters(RXLEVACCMIN & RXMIN)? Following is the description provided in HEDEX-

RXLEVACCMIN:

Meaning:Minimum Receiving level for Access
Value range:0~63
Explanation: This parameter specifies the minimum receive level for an MS in the cell to access the system.
Default value:None

RXMIN:

Meaning:RXLEV_ACCESS_MIN
Value range:0~63
Explanation: This parameter specifies the minimum receive level of an MS to access the BSS. For details. see GSM Rec. 05.08.
The value of this parameter ranges from 0 to 63 (corresponding to -110 dBm to -47 dBm).
Default value:None

from GSM Rec. 05.08, i understand RXMIN signifies ACCMIN of e*******-used to calculate the value of C1 for cell selection. But what about RXLEVACCMIN then?

thanks,
Osman

Piscean21
2013-07-07, 10:41 PM
Dear Usman,
RXLEVACCMIN is the normal access parameter.RXMIN comes into the consideration when you have neighbors in two different LACs i.e. external neighbors. Just like

you have to define BCCH,BSIC and LAC for external neighbor definitions, same way you have to set this parameter for cell reselection between external neighbors.

hasan063
2013-07-09, 03:57 AM
Dear Osman,
I think RXMIN is the required minimum receive signal level for a MS to access the system in case of voice - CS and RXLEVACCMIN is the required minimum receive signal level for a MS to access the system in case of data - PS. Both corresponds to same dBm unit (mapping in between neg. 47 to neg. 110 vs 0 to 63). So RXMIN is similar as E*******'s ACCMIN.

Besides @ Dear Piscean21, I think you are talking about 'MSRXMIN' which works for external neighbors as you said. You will find it in GEXT2GCELL.

Best regards
http://www.finetopix.com/images/statusicon/user-offline.png

S. M. M. Enamul Hasan

vivero
2013-07-12, 10:53 AM
Hi all!
RXMIN means RXLEV_ACCESS_MIN, but RXXLEVACCMIN means GPRS_RXLEV_ACCESS_MIN in 3GPP TS 05.08.
You can check Hedex Lite for more information. One for idle mode and one for PS mode.
Regards!