justdream
2013-05-30, 02:10 AM
Dear,

In 2G call drop causes, what's the meaning of majority of call drops under:
M3030K:Call Drops on TCH(Other)

Thanks

yellowant2512
2013-05-30, 05:00 AM
This counter provides the number of call drops on the TCH of a cell. The causes for call drops are air interface fault, no measurement report from the MS for a long time, Abis interface fault, equipment fault, and forced handover.

When a call drop occurs on the TCH, the counter, Call Drops on TCH(Other), is incremented by one if the conditions for the measuring any one of the following counters are not met: Call Drops on TCH(TA), Call Drops on TCH(Uplink Received Level), Call Drops on TCH(Downlink Received Level), Call Drops on TCH(Uplink and Downlink Received Level), Call Drops on TCH(Uplink FER), Call Drops on TCH(Downlink FER), Call Drops on TCH(Uplink and Downlink FER), Call Drops on TCH(Uplink Quality), Call Drops on TCH(Downlink Quality), and Call Drops on TCH(Uplink and Downlink Quality).

Ericsson_RND
2013-05-30, 04:56 PM
It's Mainly related to LAPD (TXN) fluctuation or TRH synchronization if the problem globally for all site connected to same TRH

justdream
2013-08-17, 08:31 PM
Dears,
what's about call drop due to Uplink Quality?
How to optimize it?

pl_ev_7
2013-08-18, 07:28 PM
Probable reasons for poor Uplink Quality
1. Poor Frequency plan (TCH)
2. Interference in UL
3. Overshoot of neighboring cells.
4. Poor Level on the UL.
5. Fault in TCH TRX
6. Codec issues.
7. Transmission related issues.
8. Boosters/Repeater related issues.
9. External interferences – Restricted area/Electronics equipment Factory/Jammers.

alainko
2013-09-05, 03:25 AM
Poor Uplink Quality can happen on some cells in very hilly area and mountains area when hopping has been activated causing a high DCR. I don t know if you are in a such environment but for sure I have experimented several times many issues. Better solution I have found was to turn off the hopping on the cells affected.
Hope it helps...