PDA

View Full Version : Question about maxHsRate

dadoba
2013-05-18, 09:01 AM
Hello,

maxHsRate really limits Uu throughput?

In E/// docs they say this parameter should be configured according Iub capacity and can limit user maximum throughput? Is this true?

Thank you.

babak1349
2013-05-18, 11:45 AM
Hello,
There are 4 things which can limit HSDPA user throughput:
1) Available resources on Air interface (codes, power,....)
2) Radio Conditions (poor quality can cause low CQI)
3) Scheduler queuing algorithm & Number of users
4) Transmission bandwidth

MaxHsRate, actually defines the maximum allocated Iub Bandwidth for HSDPA users . Please note that parameter is NodeB parameter and the allocated capacity is shared among all cells
To see if there is a bottle neck on your Iub (or TN limitation for example over Iu or any 3rd party node on TN part) , you can look at "Iub limiting ratio", "HS frame Lost" and so on

So if there is a problem on Iub (or TN) ,there will not be enough data buffered in nodeB to be transmitted over air interface

Cheers

Hello,

In E/// docs they say this parameter should be configured according Iub capacity and can limit user maximum throughput? Is this true?

Thank you.

auto_art
2013-05-18, 12:49 PM
what is the tolerable threshold for HS frame loss.?

Azimuth
2013-06-26, 06:51 AM
From my experience i would recommend you to define maxHsRate at 420! Even tough your transmission is ATM with one, two or whatever number of E1 that you have you will get the best of it if you specify 420! This is also very useful since, in case of TX upgrade, you don't need to re-define this parameter!

Best Regards!

venetinto
2013-06-26, 12:34 PM
Answers to your questions:
- Yes, but is based on Iub throughput, eNB will not deliver to an user more throughput than the defined on this parameter.
- Yes, limit individual user throughput. If it is defined below Iub capacity, you will be under using resources. If is is defined above Iub capacity, user throughput will be limited by Iub capacity and utilization. If you can try, lets say you have 2 T1 (~ 3Mbps) and are the only user on the eNB, if you define maxHsRate on 1Mbps, you will get that thrput during ftp/iperf (tcp/udp) download, if you defined 2Mbps on maxhsrate, you will get 2, if you defined 6 for maxhsrate, you will get little less than 3 that is the Iub capacity. I did this testing and you can see how the throughput change on UE as you change the parameter.

Regards

Hello,

Thank you.

electron
2013-06-26, 03:35 PM
Hi,

If you gonna see the impact of maxHsrate i recommend you to change this parameter on a site that you have HSDPA multi carrier/HSDPA dual carrier then you will see the impact on user throughput. From my experience just to be in a safer side it is better to change for all Node B to 1000(100Mb/s)! so in this case there would not be any HSDPA throughput limitation from HS-scheduler due to maxHsrate factor !
Hello,

Thank you.

Inception
2013-11-21, 06:24 AM
hi babak
do u have any eniiq report for iub performance checking ?

br

auto_art
2013-11-21, 03:23 PM
i use attached template for Iub analysis

ivankokorin
2013-11-22, 03:21 AM
it is better to change for all Node B to 1000(100Mb/s)!

Real good answer